Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short funny "today's Lesson" story.

Short funny "today's Lesson" story.

Friday..helping plumber camera out..and clean out a older houses (built in the 1950s) drain problems...along with some other stuff like new hot water heater and such.....renter is making every effort to prove blond jokes are not really jokes.....soo Plumber goe EG you go cut out a section of the cast iron drain pipe and install the clean out while I finish up the water heater.....no problem..gophers are good at digging holes....get pipe exposed...get stuff to cut pipe....the cleanout..no hubs and all that set up...Tell lady..IM CUTTING THE SEWER LINE...PLEASE do NOT use any water..flush toilets..etc..

Soo cut out a 2ft +/- section..holes a few feet deep....sooo I'm laying on my stomach fighting with the no hubs getting my furry butt kicked...Plumber now watching me is enjoying the show..gophers also offer comic relief as part of our job.....get one side on...then as I go to wrestle the other side...FLUSH!!!......water comes rushing out the side I have yet to connect....

Dig hole a little deeper...plumber goes to "remind" customer not to use water ...lady goes Oh I seen u were done in the garage so I figured I could use the toilet...finish the connections...considered running 220 volt line to cast iron drain line ....but was too lazy to get wire out of truck..

Re: Short funny "today's Lesson" story.

Glad you can take that with some humor. Most of the guys I have known that had that happen it did not end well. One guy I know picked up his tools and walked off the job. Getting possibly diseased raw sewage thrown on me when I have informed the customer is a big no no.

The last thing I want to do is infect my wife with a disease.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Oh come on guys poo is part of the job. Keep your mouth closed and don't chew your fingernails
      sigpic

Comment

gopher it's just an automatic reaction to flush after use.

in the future either shut off the water and flush all the toilets, or tape the toilet seats shut as a friendly reminder.

i would say it happens 50% of the time to me and at this point, i use to it. i always tell the customer when i'm ready to cut and when i'm ready to flush

maybe they thought you needed a gopher treat

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Cutting into a stack, I lay it out to the customer..."the water will be down for awhile, use the bath if you need to".
          Then I shut it down, flush the toilets and it's off to the races.
          Time, after time, after time...someone always comes home after you start and doesn't realize you're working on the drains.

Comment

Tyman Most of us HVAC guys freka about a little poop...dirty water....but think nothing about 220volts...or fiberglass....Seems like "real" plumers take sewage in stride...but react to fiberglass insulation like a vampire to a cross......1 plumer I worked with seemed terafied of electricity....he did not even like to plug in power tools....

I've sen guys get bent out of shape for soem goofy reasons...I just dont seem to mind dirt as much as most people...poo happens...

I am glad I got out of the way before water realy flowed out of the pipe....would have goten real upset if I had ended up Sht faced

Comment

this sucks if your under it working on a drain in the ceiling, I have had this happen in many different circumstances. I have repaired drains and sewers in apt buildings where tenants don't care and flush on purpose.

That is all good and wonderful, where it bothered me most was in the hospital work I used to do, repairing, replacing drains between floors and the nurses and patients not caring, thats the worst, cause it could be some really bad stuff.

I took a bucket of it once and walked up above and told them I was gonna dump it all on the floor the next time it happened. No one was laughing then.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

I have a couple heating guys that help me out sometimes. It is always enjoyable because they don't want to be there doing plumbing. You're a odd gopher, most heating guys i know would rather go home than do plumbing.
                They do freakout about poo and removing old wax rings.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Heh,

This is a takeoff from westcoast's situation.

Years ago I was replumbing a large apartment complex and the one tenant in particular thought it was "okay" to just urinate in the toilet, even though there was an unoccupied unit that was set up specifically for all to use.

They ignored my statements. I pulled that toilet with a face shield on, a respirator knowing what I was about to do, arm's length gloves.

When I pulled that toilet I purposely sloshed and spilled that urine from the bathroom all the way down to the end of their hallway inside their unit 20' away. The smell was so atrocious...even I couldn't handle it.

The look on their face when they opened the door was priceless. HAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

They didn't even try to get angry with me; they knew they F'd up for doing what I told them NOT to do, now they was paying the price with their own mistake.

I didn't clean it up either. They called the landlord and he ignored them, told them you were asked not to use the toilet, period.
                  Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 02-17-2008, 05:33 PM.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    Heh,

This is a takeoff from westcoast's situation.

Years ago I was replumbing a large apartment complex and the one tenant in particular thought it was "okay" to just urinate in the toilet, even though there was an unoccupied unit that was set up specifically for all to use.

They ignored my statements. I pulled that toilet with a face shield on, a respirator knowing what I was about to do, arm's length gloves.

When I pulled that toilet I purposely sloshed and spilled that urine from the bathroom all the way down to the end of their hallway inside their unit 20' away. The smell was so atrocious...even I couldn't handle it.

The look on their face when they opened the door was priceless. HAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

They didn't even try to get angry with me; they knew they F'd up for doing what I told them NOT to do, now they was paying the price with their own mistake.

I didn't clean it up either. They called the landlord and he ignored them, told them you were asked not to use the toilet, period.
                    HAHA!
                    You the man.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Sweet. Dunbar rules.

Comment

Working...
                      X