X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stories of the stupid

When I started out thirty some odd years ago, the company I worked for did plumbing, heating, a\c and we also delivered oil. We all did a little of this and a little of that. It was in the spring and me another guy, Jeff were out on the oil truck delivering Kerosene to trailers in a local trailer park. These were all old 10' wides and most of them had 2, 55 gallon barrels mounted horizontally benind the trailer. We used a spout attached to the oil nozzele to fill them. Anyhow I was at the truck and Jeff was the fill guy. All of a sudden I hear Jeff give a yell as then I see a plume of oil spraying up over the trailer and all over the yard. So I shut off the pump as fast as I can and then Jeff comes out from behind the home, soaked with kerosene. I ask him what the hell happened. He said he wanted to see what the oil looked like coming out of the nozzle so he pulled it out of the fill hole, slipped and fell and of course all hell broke loose. Just to add insult to injury I made him ride back to the shop on the running board.
    sigpic

Re: Stories of the stupid

I was riding down the hill with a buddy in his truck from a long day of skiing and guzzling down enough southern comfort to anesthitize(whtevr) a horse.He woke me up and asked me to drive.Highway patrol pulled up when we were swapping seats.Told me not to drive and wait a few hours.I waited five minutes.

Guess who was waiting at the next overpass.

Ahhh,so sweet the smell of de-lousing powder at my frequented resort.

Comment

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a cop when this homeless guy walks up to us. He asked the officer to take him to jail. My friend says "For what, you haven't done anything wrong?" Without saying a word the homeless turned around walk right up to his cruiser and began kicking the he!! out of the door.

A story of my stupidity. A group of friends and I decided to go white water rafting. We planned the trip months in advance. When we got there I felt somewhat ill and thought it was just the food I ate. I woke the next morning just feeling a little under the weather. We all jumped in the raft with the guide and off we went.

My little sickness turned out to be the flu. I was vomiting and had severe chills and all that goes with it the entire day bobbing in and out of rapids.

I prayed to die that day.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working a commercial job with a 2" water main.
        We had to hire some help because it was big and there were too many other projects going on for the crews to keep up.
        Newly hired apprentice was a kid I went to elementary with...hadn't seen him in a good 15 years, we used to be very competitive with eachother in school.
        I walk over and see him prepping 2" copper fittings, he was using sandcloth to clean the outsides of the hubs.
        I couldn't hold the grin...tried my best to not seem insulting as I explained he was cleaning the wrong side.
        He just gave me an angry look and said..."Geesh, after all these years you still wanna mess with me?", I couldn't convince him I wasn't pulling his leg.
        I also knew he'd been paired with one of the crabbiest, fussiest oldtimers in the company.
        He left with his box O goodies and about 60 seconds later I hear something like the sound of sleigh bells off in the distance as they were flung all over the floor.
        He got to listen to wizecracks over that for at least 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          Working a commercial job with a 2" water main.
          We had to hire some help because it was big and there were too many other projects going on for the crews to keep up.
          Newly hired apprentice was a kid I went to elementary with...hadn't seen him in a good 15 years, we used to be very competitive with eachother in school.
          I walk over and see him prepping 2" copper fittings, he was using sandcloth to clean the outsides of the hubs.
          I couldn't hold the grin...tried my best to not seem insulting as I explained he was cleaning the wrong side.
          He just gave me an angry look and said..."Geesh, after all these years you still wanna mess with me?", I couldn't convince him I wasn't pulling his leg.
          I also knew he'd been paired with one of the crabbiest, fussiest oldtimers in the company.
          He left with his box O goodies and about 60 seconds later I hear something like the sound of sleigh bells off in the distance as they were flung all over the floor.
          He got to listen to wizecracks over that for at least 6 months.
          Nope,never,can't say I've not played the angry santa.

Although I did do a burnout through my girlfriend at the time parents drive through driveway at 2:30 A.M. after the bar closed.Tailgate dropped due to a sideways frame flex.Pipe machine,copper trays,gas fitting crates,tools you name it.Beautifly displaid for the six officers.Her father explained the situation to the officers.

No de-lousing powder at my favorite resort that time.

Comment

Are we sharing drinking stories?

After a losing game of Quarters drinking Jagermeister at a party I couldn't find my car (probably a good thing) ended up blocks away in a new Camero parked in someones driveway to stay warm. Barfed all over the front seats. The owner found me past out there and called the police. They officers all were laughing because I had no idea why I was wearing only a leopard skin around my waist

12 hours later I finally remembered it was a 'Jungle' theme party

Jagermeister is POISON!

Comment

How about the time I passed out in the infield at the Indy 500 time trials. I was in a chaise lounge, with my Hawaian shirt unbuttoned. I was up boozing and using recreational drugs all night and passed out about 10 a.m and slept till about 5 p.m. The burn line went right thru my nipples. It looked like I was wearing a red apron over my soft doughy upper body. I couldn't wear a shirt without wincing for the next three days.

Comment

Working...
              X