X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press tool

Any one own a Rothenberger Romax pressing tool. Bought one used from ebay, seller says it worked perfectly. I cannot get it to do anything. Does any one know what the normal functions are such indicator led. Am I an idiot and just overlooking something simple, or is it time to send it back.
    THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Re: Press tool

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
    Any one own a Rothenberger Romax pressing tool. Bought one used from ebay, seller says it worked perfectly. I cannot get it to do anything. Does any one know what the normal functions are such indicator led. Am I an idiot and just overlooking something simple, or is it time to send it back.
    ben passed on that unit. i would suggest you download the owners manual from their website and then try it again.

first sectional questions and then pressing questions.

sounds like the time off made you a changed man

what next? jetters, pipe freezers, trenchless

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have had a pro press for some time and used sectional machines in the past. When I saw the romax , thought it would be a good back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
        I have had a pro press for some time and used sectional machines in the past. When I saw the romax , thought it would be a good back up.
        as a backup you probably want to stick with the same jaws. are the jaws interchangeable?

i thought it was a good idea to have a back up too/ five

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          as a backup you probably want to stick with the same jaws. are the jaws interchangeable?

i thought it was a good idea to have a back up too/ five

rick.
          Yes, the jaws are interchangable. It came with 1/2 through 2 inch. So regardless ,I have a full jaw set. The last time I repaired anything larger than 2 inch was about 7 years ago. At that time the supply house did not carry Viega fittings.

Comment

here is a link to the rothenberger romax ownersmanual pdf.

http://www.usa.rothenberger.com/file...00_OM_0406.pdf

Comment

I sent back the Roth, and purchased a new complete Pro press set today. After trying to get service for the Roth I decided that Ridgid would be better. The guys at tool depot had never even seen one before. They kept referring to it as a Ridgid pro press.

Comment

Working...
              X