X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grumblings

Don`t burn your bridges phone him and ask him what was the problem and then move on with business.

Regards
    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by glkearns View Post
      So I stopped by the GC's office last night on the way home and had a conversation with them, turns out they found someone to do the job about 30% less than what my price was, told me that they were sorry they didn't call, but "during these lean times they were doing what they could to save money." My thoughts on that are, I hope they are happy with the service and quality of the work this guy does. When asked if I would bid future projects with them, I told them, sure, but no fixture selection/design meetings for free if they are going to use my design/layout then shop the job to the cheapest guy out there.

Scary thing is, I don't feel like I am charging enough, and somehow this guy with 10-15 in the field has his labor rate at +/- $45-$50/ manhour. Something just doesn't quite jive.

On to the next thing, at least I said my piece to them and don't have to wonder about what happened anymore.
      Perfect,glad to see you contacted him.Feels better,huh?

Don't be spending a lot of time on his next set of plans.Just low ball to set the hook then gut him with change orders and extras

Nah,You don't want to start turning into a scumbag.

Not much time these days for lollygagging around blowing smoke up potential customers caboose.
      Get in,get it done(bid),get out.

T'is the season for fat trimmings..........................unless your a service plumber
      Last edited by drtyhands; 02-27-2008, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

T'is the season for fat trimmings..........................unless your a service plumber
        Been think long and hard about buying a sewer machine, read lots and lots of drum v. sectional posts...still havn't decided to go there yet as I have referred most of those calls since day 1!

Comment

Originally posted by glkearns View Post
          Been think long and hard about buying a sewer machine, read lots and lots of drum v. sectional posts...still havn't decided to go there yet as I have referred most of those calls since day 1!
          Just tell me you're gunna be carefull with those evil contraptions
          Ben(gear junkie) actually brought up a few points pertaining to me drain cleaning.

Comment

Working...
          X