Clear All

Re: bock water heaters

Superstore ultra is a great product.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      Superstore ultra is a great product.
      It is..I'm starting to worry this guys gonna think I'm a sales rep for them.
      They're all I install for DHW/Indirect.

Comment

isn't weil mclain's indirect called super stor as well or are we talking about the same unit. im going to have to call around tommorrow and see if i can find a supplier for them in westchester county NY. amtrols are great but as someone pointed out earlier to service them all the guts are from underneath.... i changed a coil as warranty work and it wasnt an easy job i think i had to drill and retap a few of the bolts. anyone thanks for everyone input ill let you all know the outcome.

-Rich

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
          isn't weil mclain's indirect called super stor as well or are we talking about the same unit. im going to have to call around tommorrow and see if i can find a supplier for them in westchester county NY. amtrols are great but as someone pointed out earlier to service them all the guts are from underneath.... i changed a coil as warranty work and it wasnt an easy job i think i had to drill and retap a few of the bolts. anyone thanks for everyone input ill let you all know the outcome.

-Rich
          NOT Weil McClain, it's made by HTP (Heat Transfer Products)..makers of Munchkin condensing boilers.
          I wouldn't trust Weil just yet on their indirects.
          I was the one who mentioned Amtrol's not so smart design with the "guts" underneath...not a good time to service at all.
          If you have a Fergusons nearby, they carry Superstor.
          Make 100% certain you read the MFG manual, install as they instruct and your covered for life.

Comment

I LOOKED AT THE MFG'S WARRANTY ,

AND IT STATES IF USED IN A RESIDENTIAL INSTALLION THE WARRANTY IS FOR (7) SEVEN YEARS ! !

JERRYMAC MASTER PLUMBER & MASTER WATER HEATER
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I'm pretty sure you meant Bock, Jerry.

Just to be sure I looked at the Superstor warranty:
              "
              During the remaining lifetime of the water heater, Heat Transfer Products, Inc. will repair or replace, at its option, any water heater having a defect or
              malfunction that results in a water leak from the outside jacket, inner tank, or heat exchanger as a result of normal use and service. It is expressly agreed
              that between Heat Transfer Products, Inc. and the original consumer purchaser that repair or replacement is the exclusive and sole remedy of the original
              consumer purchaser. "
              The link:
              http://www.htproducts.com/literature/lp-82.pdf

Comment

Bock has stood behind the unit. Their warranty required me to fill out a form, fax it to them and return the s/n plate to them. The only con is their is no warranty on the new unit. So I gave the homeowner the options replace the unit with the FREE Bock unit or replace it with a SuperStor with the lifetime warranty. Since they have 2 kids in college the chose the first option. I always like to let my customers know all the options beforehand so that the can make the best informed decision. I Have indeed learned a lot in the last 10 years since I became my own boss.

Comment

Working...
                X