Upcoming job pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming job pics

Here is a mechanical room I have to rearrange and repipe. The water softener goes into a corner to free up room to get another w.h. in there.
    Attached Files

Re: Upcoming job pics

Can you say Pro Press.
    THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished job! Don't forget to share.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

This is a nationally known seafood chain. They have betting screwed big time by the various plumbers. My buddy the GC is finally getting a handle on things. The problem is facilities managers really are just college boys and don't know crap about mechanical things. Almost all of these joints have been remodeled with no permits or inspections. I dang near cry when I go into a one of these. I am surprised to find out how much the last plumber charged to do a crappy job. It's usually 33-50 percent more than me. I can usually install a new heater and repipe it so the next ones aren't such a nightmare for between 15 and 20 grand. The other clowns charge at least 30 grand and do it in such a way that maintenance is damn near impossible, or they run pipes right in the way and it's impossible to get past them when you are my size.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
          This is a nationally known seafood chain. They have betting screwed big time by the various plumbers. My buddy the GC is finally getting a handle on things. The problem is facilities managers really are just college boys and don't know crap about mechanical things. Almost all of these joints have been remodeled with no permits or inspections. I dang near cry when I go into a one of these. I am surprised to find out how much the last plumber charged to do a crappy job. It's usually 33-50 percent more than me. I can usually install a new heater and repipe it so the next ones aren't such a nightmare for between 15 and 20 grand. The other clowns charge at least 30 grand and do it in such a way that maintenance is damn near impossible, or they run pipes right in the way and it's impossible to get past them when you are my size.
          There are too many hackers in the trade. The last company I worked for (before I went out on my own) had young kids in trucks on their own with only 3 months of training!!! I confronted the boss about this but he wouldn't listen. The funny part is they are the most expensive company in town, and 80% of their 'techs' are inexperienced kids.
          It doesn't surprise me that you have to fix other guys over-priced hack-jobs ,even in commercial work.
          Last edited by Service Guy; 02-24-2008, 07:37 PM.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
          X