Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tankless or Not?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing
    Thanks Rick. That's the same conclusions that I have came too. But I get beat in the head by homeowners asking me about it all the time. I guess because they have seen them on HGTV. You should see the disappointment when I tell them I can't recommend them for their application. I also think that some people that have them change their use behavior to accommadate their decision.
    My electrician buddy just did a house where he told me they had 10 Rinnai units hooked together he had to wire! Probably could have given them all the hot water they want with 2 properly sized tank models.
    JC,
    You're buddy,ask him if he was not bullshi**ing.This house would have to have a hotel wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
      I think the big problem with tankless water heaters is that most customers, and quite a few plumbers, are very uninformed about them. I find myself talking more people out of a tankless water heater then I do selling them. Not every house needs a tankless water heater.

I could see this house needing ten or more tankless heaters.
      http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Gadge...4150486&page=1
      Ditto, I just lay out the facts and let them decide, more often than not, they opt to stay tank type.

Comment

So far have had one call to work on one. Called the manufacturer. They said I couldn't work on it because it has circuit boards/electronics. Had to ship it away. Received repaired unit about week and a half later. No hot water for week and a half. Not one of the big names though.

Comment

Working...
        X