X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do for your best customer?

A customer of mine who is a real estate agent (direct tv thread) has gotten me 4 jobs today and 3 of them were also real estate agents. What do you usually do for customers like this who go beyond just passing your name around but actually get you great clients and can help you succeed? Thank you cards, discounts? I did give him 20% off labor on his next service. Too much/not enough?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: What to do for your best customer?

Gift cards at Christmas. But the main thing I do for valued clients is shuffle my schedule, work OT, give away a service call to another plumber, do whatever it takes to give great service to my moneymakers. I don't give discounts because then they figure you should just lower your prices.

Comment

continue to do what landed your client in the first place, integrity, superior workmanship and like i say to myself do as i say say as i do. and if your so inclined waive a service call.i feel the best you have to offer anyone is to know that when you walk away from a job you completed you never have to think twice about it, because you did it right. that is are art and our creed. nice job

Comment

Ben, the discount is a good idea, let him see your std prices to assure him.
        Also, if he calls on a sunday because his water pressure is weak...GO!
        In other words, be reliable & honest..I think those are the number one things people want from a plumber.

Comment

I have a few clients that I take care of on a more than special rate.I sometimes work for free and buy material.I guess it all boils down to how well they look out for you're interests.Sometimes I'll not only do it for free but I'll buy the material.The contractor I'm working with on my spare time just bought and installed a 100 gallon W/H for free for the purchasing agent that turned him on to a $100,000 a year client.If you had the time and money would you give this person a freebie.What do you feel like doing for you're guy.He will need help someday,even if it is to help his daughter move(or something like that).

Comment

a plumber who has been responsible for a ton of referals was off island. his house sitter called with a blockage. i show up, clear the line, and tell the sitter i'll get with the plumber to settle up.

plumber calls about the bill. i tell him, "no charge. thanks for the referals. glad to help."

1st 2 calls today were referals from my plumber friend.

i wouldn't do discounts. it could come back to bite you. my best customers get a bottle of Cruzan Rum and a card for christmas. the Pros get a card for their birthday and a thanks at least twice a year

just my $.02 before taxes

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

good service and going out of your way if needed. i give discounts or do it for free, for family and friends.

as a thanks, for my buddy steve, i have bought his 20 guys and 3 office staff, christmas gifts for their holiday party for the last 6 years. typically something they can use for work. this last year was a nice pair of leather gloves, fashionable safety glasses, and a very interesting razor knife with automatic blade changing. the office girls end up with a spa package.
              steve ended up with a gps too.

typically my good customers give me holiday gifts or wine.

take care of them and they take care of you. great when you have lots of doctors as customers.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

EDIBLE ARRANGEMENTS for the new year. Let me tell you people love them and it a different way to say thank you. For a measly 55 bucks the arrangement is well worth it. I give these to each customer that recommends me a few people and also GC's I have done considerable work for. A little thank you goes a LONG way.

Comment

I have 3 fellows that work at Home Depot that have kept my phone ringing for years because they wear my hats during work hours and drop a card in people's hand every chance they get.

Now I only do probably a 1/3 of the calls but the one fellow every time I get a work lead, it's always a money maker.

About once a quarter I'll give them gift certificates to restaurants along with anything I feel is beneficial to them like picking up lunch for them or give them company t-shirts.

One guy in particular always sets me up for resets where I end up with all those faucets that either discontinue or upgrade style.

Usually I end up with 8 to 10 Delta faucets along with other brands I either scrap out or reluctantly sell outright for $$$.

The faucet I'm installing tomorrow was gathered together from gathering up parts to make a Delta T&S chrome faucet. Not all of the faucets I get are usable but the majority are when it comes to the Delta models.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Well, back when I was much younger, there was this good looking single woman that lived in a condo................
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      Well, back when I was much younger, there was this good looking single woman that lived in a condo................

LOL!

I got a fat one chasing me right now. Tryin' to get me over to dinner, knowing food is my weakness. I look like the end result of an aunt jamima breafast entree.

Comment

Sometimes these are the best ones-just like a scooter. Loads of fun but you always deny you've ridden one.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

good cooking covers up a lot of faults. besides, even fat girls need lovin.

sigpic

Comment

Yep yep, that's true! Too bad she lives in the basement I worked in with 2 young kids, no stove or a microwave!

Eh, I'm fat so I'm allowed to call a spade a spade. I could see myself marrying a fat one before an ugly one! You can always lose weight but you'll never kill the ugly bug!

Comment

Something I learned with Alaska Air National Guard in Haiti; the big ones keep you warm at night.

What were we talking about?oh yea, add was kicking in.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X