X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Shower Bodies

anybody have opinions. I had a customer today that still hasnt picked out their new shower body... Tile Guy is scheduled to start at 8:00 tommorrow morning... so i went to the truck and pulled out my delta cataloge, she found 4 she liked.... so I installed the new body... since the cartridge/trim is all universal she has all the time in the world to pick out her prefered package, with tons to choose from with one body. Delta sold me on that today and the tile guy likes me because he doesnt have to make any free hand tile cuts.

Re: Delta Shower Bodies

It's my favorite valve and I bet you're speaking of the R10000 valve body that's one piece brass.

I probably install 40 a year in all types of situations whether accident or just an upgrade from the old 600 series or 3 handle misery.

I buy those PB cartridges for around $23 a piece if I buy 12 at a time. I always charge $45 for them since that's exactly what you'll pay at the big box stores.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

It's the shower valve that we stock on all the trucks and in the warehouse. Very versitile and easy to install and service.
      sigpic

Comment

Am I the only guy who solders on those brass adaptors for the tub spouts?

Been doing it for years, there's a reason why that inner dimension is bored to tolerance. Just remove the O-ring before soldering, set the back side of the threads roughly 3/8" off the finished wall surface.

Never have to worry about that second set of threads leaking back through the hole. GOAL!
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

The Delta R10000 Universal MultiChoice Valve is great. Grohe makes a cartridge and trim kit that is compatable with it aswell.
          You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

I can't find it on their website? I was shocked too. I did a rough in a couple weeks back and all three baths had them. Delta R10000 valve bodies but they came packaged in Grohe boxes. They were the rough in kits only, I haven't seen the cartridge/trim yet. Yah I know Hondas quite well, you got one givin ya grief?

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Dunbar..
              I too solder the adapter on. We use these or Symmons valves. Both seem to work great. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by RopeaGoat View Post
                Dunbar..
                I too solder the adapter on. We use these or Symmons valves. Both seem to work great. JMHO
                Aaaaah Temptrol.
                You'll be very surprized to find how much less they use 'em in other states.
                Here they're probably in 50% of the homes we service...elsewhere they're uncommon...might have something to do with being from Braintree.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing
                  86 Honda LXi. 2.0 5sp. A/C problem. A/C completely converted with kit from Honda. Worked great for around 8 months. Now when you press the A/C button, the compressor does not come on. And I don't thinks the fan for the coil comes on either. Any ideas?
                  Relay maybe? 86 Accord LXi, 1st generation for fuel injection, some of the last made in Japan Accords. How many miles on it? A buddy of mine has an 85, it has over 500 000 KMS on the clock, and still the original engine

Comment

Working...
                  X