X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Service Plumbers Tools

Been mostly using my Makita 14.4V Sticklight (what I call it). Came in an Impact Driver, Drill, Light kit. Works great and lasts a long time on LiOn batteries. Got a hanger on it too.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Been mostly using my Makita 14.4V Sticklight (what I call it). Came in an Impact Driver, Drill, Light kit. Works great and lasts a long time on LiOn batteries. Got a hanger on it too.

J.C.
      Mine died awhile ago, and I miss it.

Comment

To remove pex rings on brass fitting , use a torch and and a couple of water pump pliers. As long as it's not still attached on the other side of the fitting. I do this on fitting I used for air tests. Just warm up the pex till it gets a little glossy and pull the ring and old pex right off.

I use the Veto XL, and there are many days it never leaves the truck , it must go at least 75 lbs. You would be amazed on just how much I can do with a 12" set of water pumps, a six in one screw driver and a 6" adjustable wrench.

Comment

That's why I use the LC. I knew if I got the big one I'd fill it up and never take it out cause of weight.

I also often go in blind with pretty much the exact three tools as you.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PIPES View Post
            To remove pex rings on brass fitting , use a torch and and a couple of water pump pliers. As long as it's not still attached on the other side of the fitting. I do this on fitting I used for air tests. Just warm up the pex till it gets a little glossy and pull the ring and old pex right off.

I use the Veto XL, and there are many days it never leaves the truck , it must go at least 75 lbs. You would be amazed on just how much I can do with a 12" set of water pumps, a six in one screw driver and a 6" adjustable wrench.
            I got a Lennox 9 in 1 about a year ago.
            It's made to not warp when used for hex nuts, can do 1/4", 5/16" or 3/8", small flat head, large flat head, as well as philips #1 & 2.
            I was going through 6 in 1's every two months over the fact that the hex drivers were warping so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              I got a Lennox 9 in 1 about a year ago.
              It's made to not warp when used for hex nuts, can do 1/4", 5/16" or 3/8", small flat head, large flat head, as well as philips #1 & 2.
              I was going through 6 in 1's every two months over the fact that the hex drivers were warping so fast.
              Get a Klein.

Comment

Yep. Nut driver on my Channellock 6 in 1 almost stripped out. Thought I'd buy the RIDGID one. Catalogue#16573. Says it has an extra thick wall to prevent this and....

The RIDGID lifetime warranty.

They used to just swap handtools out if you had a problem at the supply houses if it was under a certain dollar amount.

Josh or someone, do they still do this? What's the written policy?

J.C.
                Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 07-27-2008, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X