Help with Amer. Standard Toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Amer. Standard Toilet

Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 03-10-2010, 03:48 PM.

Re: Help with Amer. Standard Toilet

Post the model # from inside the tank. I'm sure it can be fixed, but sometimes it is less expensive to change the toilet out. Not to mention if this old guy wont take his friends sons advice , who is clearly looking out for his best interest. Then what makes you think he is going to be happy with the repair. This is probably a very old toilet from the sound of things. If I were you I would stand my ground, tell him the benefit of a low flow Toto drake or Kohler class 5. Chances are if they do make parts for this toilet , they are after market and very expensive. Not to mention they might not be machined or formed as well as the original parts were. Even entertaining the Idea of a repair could just be digging tho hole you are in deeper. If your dad and him are close freinds he should respect you for setting him strait. None the less post the model # from inside the tank/lid.
    Last edited by Crappy days; 02-29-2008, 01:30 PM.
    THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

sounds like it could be a roma 1 pc. toilet. you didn't mention anything about a "vent a way" system so i think it's the non vent a way.

is there a little plastic tank in the tank where the float ball sits above?

does it have a side mount oval flush handle?

any chance to post a picture or model #.

if it's the one i think it is, the parts are avaliable, but spendy.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

If it's not the Roma might be a Hamilton? Not sure if that's the right name but it also had a stubby ballcock.

Is it a regular ballcock and float type but really short? Wolverine Brass makes one

Or take a Mansfield no.07 and cut it down and sweat it back with a 3/8" coupling.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          If it's not the Roma might be a Hamilton? Not sure if that's the right name but it also had a stubby ballcock.

Is it a regular ballcock and float type but really short? Wolverine Brass makes one

Or take a Mansfield no.07 and cut it down and sweat it back with a 3/8" coupling.

bill, and i thought you were a ruff guy

good call on the hamilton.

i was thinking an old toilet. the 90's should make it a low flow toilet out here.

i've used the mansfield and just cut and thread the top of the shank. never tried the coupling idea.

the newer toilets are pretty much a non specialty ballcock. unlike the older ones that were model specific and spendy.

90% of the new toilets use a fluidmaster as their factory unit. even the american standard and kohlers switched to them. toto uses a hunter and i've had issues with them.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X