Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your favorite Kitchen faucet???

In The $100-$250 range . Thank's tool. Our house came with a Glacer Bay[garbage]
    flow is less than half these days
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: What's Your favorite Kitchen faucet???

You can't go wrong with a Moen or Delta faucet. You have lots of choices in that price range.

Comment

Moen, Delta, Price Phister and as of lately I really like Kohler kitchen faucets.
      THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

grohe ladylux cafe
        how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

This is the one I just put in my kitchen, Delta 172-SSWF Waterfall Single Handle. It is sexy, yet subtle, with a little hint playfulness.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Ive had this Price Pfister Contempra 2 years now without problems

http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?Product_Id=T526-5CC

Comment

I like Delta for everything. Don't care for Moen simply because of the difficulty of removing the cartridge.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I would go with Moen. Then from there, anything that fits your price range and personal preference.

Hey Ben.

http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/...ag&NpsRfrMfg=7

I have this tool in, 1 of 3 bags of tools I carry on my truck. I have yet to even need to use it. If Moen's are that frustrating to you, pick up that tool.
                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Have one but wait till you see a moen with a brass cartiridge. I've broken cartridge pullers before.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Are the bass cartridges usually harder to get out than the plastic cartridges?
                    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

yes they can be very challenging sometime, as for faucets delta or moen.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post

Absolutely.

And when they break into pieces, you then have to carefully disect that remaining cartridge inside the assembly.

The 875 series Moen Kitchen Sink faucets with pullout sprays are riddled with problems with their backflow devices inside the housing.

The old and the new design leaks where no one knows it and does serious damage to the assembly along with cabinet, the support, nearly everything.

That backflow assembly should of never been put where it is. They accused my 64 year old female customer of abusing her faucet.

Oh really? How do you abuse a backflow preventor on a faucet?

She got a new faucet, She installed a Delta faucet by my recommendation and sold that moen faucet on ebay.

Start talking about Monticellos on the moens and I'll be smashing my keyboard.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                          YUP.
                          depending on mineral content, you might actually wind up just telling homeowners to replace some.
                          Corrosion can get so bad that sometimes you damage the valve body trying to remove them, they're almost welded together on older faucets.

On topic..apparently I'm another face in the crowd, Moen or Delta for faucets...easiest to service in the industry, parts are everywhere, great customer service with the MFG's.

Kohler is an easier install with the screws in the basin nuts for stability, though usually more pricey, they make solid faucets...nothing flops.
                          Future service can be another thing though...

As for shower valves, well, Symmons takes the cake here in my state.
                          I'd wager as much as 50% of households have Symmons valves in their baths here.
                          Pitfall...they're brass, the seats can be a nightmare sometimes.
                          Delta & Moen are plastic internals...good for service, bad for sturdiness.
                          Last edited by DuckButter; 03-02-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I have had good luck with Moen. It is nice to have a faucet company that guarantees both it cartridges and its finish (life shine) plus I see the sales rep for Moen around all the time so if I need extra parts he has them in his car and gives them out freely. With Delta I have a problem with the seats and springs wearing out in about 6 months.
                            ________
                            Iolite vaporizer
                            Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:35 PM.
                            Mike

Comment

My favorite builders grade tap to install is the Delta 135-WFTP...for 62.00 its a bargain...my favorite kitchen faucet is the Blanco Nuvola gooseneck faucet for 200.00...
                              West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                              Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X