X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Faulty Propress joint w/pics

Was there an issue with one of the lines being soft copper?
    Looks like a type of piping arrangement that would be used coming up through a slab, and going back down to catch another fixture...
    If there is an issue with soft copper, what is the solution...?

Comment

Had lunch with Mark,Tue. Great Guy. Sorry to see He always puts His Dad's name on His work, when if fails! Gotta have lunch with His Dad ,someday. Maybe ,we can straighten the kid out.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

NEW INFO! Apparently, the required minimum distances have changed. Someone at Viega referred me to Page 9 of the "Viega Metal Systems Installation Manual 2007-08." The document isn't on their website yet...

The book explains that there is NO space needed between 1/2" - 1" fittings. After that, the standard distances are as follows:

1-1/4" requires 7/16" space
        1-1/2" requires 5/8" space
        2" requires 3/4" space

He provided a document number: IM-MTL-0108. But as I said, I couldn't find it on their website yet. If I see it go up, I'll post the link.

Comment

Tool/Kevin-My name is Greg, lunch was fun the other day, the Mark you are thinking of is the guy I know that works with your wife, not getting a case of CRS are ya?

As for who's work is whose, I would be happy to call my dad's work my work, as I have learned tons from him over the years, but this work, is my dad's thus my lack of exact scenarios. I have no problem taking credit for what is mine, but don't want to take anyone elses glory either.

By the way, thanks again for the Lunch, Kevin.

Greg

Comment

let me try this. hope it works.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the PDF post.

Greg

Comment

thanks silver bullet. amazing that it took this post to get viega to update their website. or is a document that is still not accesable from their website?

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  thanks silver bullet. amazing that it took this post to get viega to update their website. or is a document that is still not accesable from their website?

rick.
                  I broke down and asked for help onm posting the pdf. I knew my kids could help me. I was looking around and still couldn't find that on the website. Ridgid tech guys sent it to me when one of my customers had some fitting crimped to close.

Jeff

Comment

jeff, since the tables i have from a few years ago have changed to the new tables you posted. is it due to a product change or further testing to determine the old tables were too conservative?

i'm glad the tables are more lax as the space required made it ruff in a tight situation.

was it viega or ridgid that updated the spacing requirements?

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
                      Viega supplies the spacing information. Our newer manuals no longer include these tables, as the specs have changed over the years. Now we simply refer users to Viega.

I have the new Viega 2008 catalog with this info in it, but it is too large to post. I will forward it to Josh to see if he can shrink it or post the relevant pages.

Comment

Working...
                      X