so it happen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so it happen

so this is the start of my 3rd week training full time, i been working for a company for 19 months working in the parts department, but now i am riding with a plumber full time. And well it happen, i broke a toilet. I know they say it happens to every one, but i still feel dumb. oh well the plumber wasnt mad so its all ok i guess,

Re: so it happen

I decided to show off and be a "bigtuffguy" by grabbing two toilets, one with each hand by the holes in the cardboard boxes.
    One fell, the boss gave me that nickname for a good 3 months..."Hey...BigTuffGuy!".

Comment

It's a common mishap,no big deal.

Besides all the money you're going to make for him this year he can buy a hundreds of em'.

Most chips are done when someones not paying attention and strikes the front horn on tile.I don't know how many times I've seen this happen.

Comment

Broke a toilet.? My gawd, I've been in this business for 35 years and I've never broke a toilet.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          Broke a toilet.? My gawd, I've been in this business for 35 years and I've never broke a toilet.
          Id love to know what you have done then as it should be good.
          THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
            Id love to know what you have done then as it should be good.
            My friend, you have failed to note the smiley face at post's end.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm 3 years in, and broke my first bowl awhile back, and I'm sure it's not the last. I was just in a rush and tightened down the johni bolts too much. I think I broke a tank once too, by rushing as well and tightening the tank-bowl bolts too much. I blamed that one on the cast though.
              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

NHMaster 3015

I been in this game for over forty years and have broken many toilets and I know when someone is telling a porky and you are.

Regards
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                  NHMaster 3015

I been in this game for over forty years and have broken many toilets and I know when someone is telling a porky and you are.

Regards
                  Tony
                  Hey backoff!!!
                  He told us he's never even had a copper fitting leak.This man is some kind of god.

Adam

Comment

Learning the parts is an excellent way to start in the plumbing field.

I remember the first few months I was out, I broke an american standard. I cranked as much as I could and then turned the water on, it filled, then popped.

it happens
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Some toilets are just an invitation to a break; an accident waiting to happen. I try to stay away from any toilet that isn't strong where the tank-to-bowl bolts go. I could mention a few names . . . any company that thinks that they are saving money by making the toilet as thin as possible needs to be shunned.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        Hey backoff!!!
                        He told us he's never even had a copper fitting leak.This man is some kind of god.

Adam
                        My razor sharp, sarcastic wit is apparently wasted on a few of you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X