X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Cards

Been asked twice this week if I take C/cards, which I don't as 95% of my biz is for contractors; do you guys accept them? If so are you satisfied with the c/c service?

Greg

Re: Credit Cards

yes we accept mc, visa amex,and discover, got to be able to go were the money is any time any place and we do enough to offset the charges, weve actually been able to negotiate lower rates.

Comment

we except visa and m.c. i just started charging a 4.5% fee if they want to pay that way. no one seems to mind "they have to get there air miles" im very happy with our merchant company. great customer service!
      Mike
      Clark County Plumbing And Drain
      www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

I accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and debit cards. I don't take American Express. They don't treat the small business well in my opinion. The customers love that they can use there charge cards. No one ever says 'Oh boy, I have an extra $800. I sure hope my water heater needs to be replaced.' They always say I didn't plan on needing this done, can I charge it? It's a great profit booster.

Comment

I average 3-5 a week and I take the fabulous 4.

Started this last year and the ticker shows I've ran 190+ transactions.

I ask "Are you paying by check?" and leave it wide open to hear if they say otherwise, then I gracefully go and write the bill in the truck making sure that since they chose to run a cc, I'm going to be compensated to make up for the surcharge percentage fee.

It's not bad though; would you take a $100 bill if it only costs you a $2 to get it?

Makes sense now, huh?

I do vita-pay, over my cell phone and no need for a machine. Cha-ching! Badda-bing!
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

How does vita-pay work, do you just call an 800 number and give them all the pertinant info, and then they put the money into your checking account? I googled vita-pay to no avail, the thought of not having to carry another machine makes sense to me.

Greg

Comment

I go through my bank ,,, bank of Amer . They treat me real well . You don't need a machine . Call in on your cell to an automated number ,,punch in the numbers and THERE you have it !

Whoever just wrote " pay $2 to get $ 100 " is EXACTLY correct !! Why leave good money on the table for just a few bucks ?!!

Do IT !!!

Comment

never have taken a credit card. i get asked a couple of times per week.

i tell them cash or check. if they tell me they don't have the money in the account, i'll hold it for a week. this happens only a couple of times a year.

in all the years i've only had a few checks come back to me.

the best was from a doctor who bounced a company check for $120.00

i've looked into credit processing, but i've never had a customer not do the work due to not accepting credit cards.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I have a place on my invoice for credit card info, I write cash or check in the box.

I may take cards in the future, but as of now I am fine witht eh checks and cash, besides I have not lost a job yet because I didn't take the card.
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

Never felt a need. Just another piece of equip to break and another statement to check over. Most people who want to pay by card are out of town and worried I want to be paid NOW. I'm fine with mailing them a bill and waiting for the check.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I've never taken a credit card. But about five months ago, I decided I should be able to. I signed up with Thompson Merchant Service. You call the 800 number and punch in the data and that's all there is to it. I got a card machine (cheap) to give the customer a copy of the transaction.

They charge me $8.99 per month and I can take Visa or Mastercard.

The reason I got it was because I'd hate to lose work if the bill was pricey and the customer didn't have the money in the bank.

If I actually take a card someday, I'll report on how well it worked.

Comment

Working...
                      X