X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Roundup Events

this is to be a fun thing to and if it gets to complicated it will not happen .so lets just have fun and go see every one at ridgid
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

once again for the 100th. time. the whole idea was 1 machine and a multitude of scenarios.

all clear has his roof top plastic pipe helper. i have my k-60.

sure a drum on a flat ground next to the truck will be faster to set up and get going. but the challenge will be not just outdoors, but indoors and roofs, basements.

the reason why 1 machine is to show you with the proper machine, you can tackle just about any job that comes your way.

this has always been the contest and the rules i've stated from day 1 of the discussion.

sure i have plenty of choices for drain cleaning. but with 1 machine, it would be a k-60. that's what i'm out to prove.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber
        I think I disagree with the events.

The K-60, we all agree is good because of it's ability to be transported easier then a drum machine.

Everyday, depending on what job we are doing, we are asked to choose the right tool. The k-60 versus the drum, doing roof jobs is like using a drill when you need a sawzall

The only way this will be a fair competition is to engineer multiple type stoppages, all ground level, this is a fair playing ground.

The use of different size machines, cables, bends, blades and the drain cleaners skill will be tested then, rather then who can drag a drum machine to the roof, this is a stupid idea, no one would drag a mainline machine to the roof anyways.

Everyone in the world agrees that a k-60 is versatile, especially for roof jobs.

one thing to test for sure would be 2 mainline c/o's, ground level, 100' stoppages, roll up, 1 sectional and 1 drum and see who clears it the fastest, this is the type of competition that is fair.

chime in, I am curious about others opinions.
        I have machines for roof jobs but Rick thinks I`m gonna drag my K-7500 up there and not the machine I would use in "the real world"
        I`m gonna wait till I see what the test is before I set up anything. He knows that I have a drum machine to do any job he can do with the K-60 but he wants to prove that he can do em all with one machine. Some may not be as fast as a drum but he can do em. I myself like the speed and saving money by getting the job done fast. If I had to have 10 machines to do every job with speed I would buy em all! Every one wins that way
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

This all started because Rick was talking smack about his K-60 devotion and some of you talked smack back and took him up on his challenge (some with one hand tied behind their back).

Perhaps a comprimise for those who already want to throw in the towel on the 1-machine on your truck challenge would be to crown a winner for each drain cleaning event and a separate winner for the fewest machines used.

Mark

BTW: As a warning to some of you, I have never met a more competitive person then Rick. At the risk of personal injury Rick will win the challenge.
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'm with TEAM GREG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              This all started because Rick was talking smack about his K-60 devotion and some of you talked smack back and took him up on his challenge (some with one hand tied behind their back).

Perhaps a comprimise for those who already want to throw in the towel on the 1-machine on your truck challenge would be to crown a winner for each drain cleaning event and a separate winner for the fewest machines used.

Mark

BTW: As a warning to some of you, I have never met a more competitive person then Rick. At the risk of personal injury Rick will win the challenge.
              AAAAMEN
              For the record the guy has a great heart.
              But,as far as competative,after dinner he wanted to race down a 1" guard rail tubing 4' high to see who could get the farthest in the outside lamplight."You win Rick" is going to be my of way maintaining any peacefull get together.

P.S.
              Rick is one of the few people I trust to back up their word and then some.
              Sounds corny,but anyone who can get past the tourettes knows this.
              Last edited by drtyhands; 03-09-2008, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                once again for the 100th. time. the whole idea was 1 machine and a multitude of scenarios.

all clear has his roof top plastic pipe helper. i have my k-60.

sure a drum on a flat ground next to the truck will be faster to set up and get going. but the challenge will be not just outdoors, but indoors and roofs, basements.

the reason why 1 machine is to show you with the proper machine, you can tackle just about any job that comes your way.

this has always been the contest and the rules i've stated from day 1 of the discussion.

sure i have plenty of choices for drain cleaning. but with 1 machine, it would be a k-60. that's what i'm out to prove.

rick.
                Right on. I won't be there, but I'm rooting for you rick. As a new business-owner I have been looking for a 'one-machine for all needs' besides my small machines. And you're posts about the impressionator were just what I needed to steer me in the right direction.
                The K-60 is the most VERSATILE ridgid machine there is, I don't think anyone would argue with that.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                  Right on. I won't be there, but I'm rooting for you rick. As a new business-owner I have been looking for a 'one-machine for all needs' besides my small machines. And you're posts about the impressionator were just what I needed to steer me in the right direction.
                  The K-60 is the most VERSATILE ridgid machine there is, I don't think anyone would argue with that.
                  thanks service guy.

i'm very happy that you too see the advantage of the impressionator k-60.

the funny part is the the guys arguing they want to use more than 1 machine to compete with, don't own a k-60. for the exception of greg/ drain medic.

even funnier is that they want one and either can't get a demo or it's on their wish list.

after i kick their butts in the 1 machine take all, they would have wished they had 1 on their side.

funny i have 3-750's and 2-7500's sitting idle, while my k-60 does 90% of my work.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

The speed issue is not an issue with the time and material guy's, no wonder they use sectional machines all day long.
                    I am flat-rate, but I can't afford multiple main-line machines, nor do I have the room for them on my truck. And i would rather take a little extra time on each job rather than break my back hauling a 7500 everywhere.
                    Just my point-of-view.
                    Last edited by Service Guy; 03-09-2008, 02:32 AM.

Comment

The speed issue is not an issue with the time and material guy's, no wonder they use sectional machines all day long.

another reason to show you how much faster i am than you.

if you think you can clear a 6'' sewer in less than 10 minutes from the time you get your machine off the truck and back onto the truck. then you are faster than me. it was a 45' run with root stoppage at 23' and 27' and city tie in at 43'. that was this morning.

but i rather doubt you would even have your machine up the stairs and down the stairs in that time.

even more interesting it's on your wish list along with the propress.

lets see your excuse when you have to go upstairs with your 250# drum machine.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

to westcoast: I have never used a sled, or even seen one in action. Interesting that you like it though.
                        As for pricing, you are flat-rate also, no? I am not going to hide it, I am proud of it. Everyone is entitled to their own way of doing business that they are comfortable with. I am personally not comfortable with hourly, and some guys are not comfortable with flat-rate. Thats OK with me. To each their own!
                        Last edited by Service Guy; 03-09-2008, 02:43 AM.

Comment

read my prior post on the pro press.

Interesting, I have drug my mainline up stairs before, not a problem, going down is easy, up is a little tough, but I get it done.

I just cleared a packed sewer with my duracable, very heavy roots, I used my 4 to 6 expandable blade, cleaned 42' of 4" and 27' of 6", packed all the way to the saddle with heavy roots, in 45 mins. doubt the k-60 has enough torque to do that. Besides, I don't even think ridgid makes a expandable cutter that fits on a ridgid cable cause I doubt the sectional cable could take it.

You are asking for things that no one would do, why would I take my machine up 3 flights of stairs??? I agree that would be a job for the k-60, I thought the argument was 3 machines in 1. besides I thought this was all about the 3 machines in 1, read the roundup thread.
                          you mean the post from today. mark was just giving a suggestion so to give you guys a fighting chance.

or the post that i have stated from day 1 many, many months ago.

as far as the expandable cutter.

you really need to do your homework.

the ridgid 4'' x 6'' and 6'' x 8'' expandable cutter was designed for the k1500 sectional. not the 7500 machine. since i own 4 of these 4'' x 6'' and a 6'' x 8'' i have converted some to fit my 7500, and k60 along with my general 1.25'' cable ends.

whose 4'' x 6'' cutter are you using for the dura cable machine?

there are a much broader range of cutters that ridigd offers in their sectional line than their drum line for a reason.

rick
                          phoebe it is

Comment

well I would love to see it then clear a 8" sewer packed with roots, that little k-60.

I run a spartan cable, the best cable on the market, and a expandable 4 to 6 made by spartan. a heavy duty, long lasting tool

can you give me the link of the ridgid expandable so I can check it out? I am curious as to how it is built, I can't find it, and I can;t find it in the ridgid catalogue either.
                            first off the bat, you need to look in the sectional section as the drum section doesn't list them for a reason. it takes speed to keep the cutters open, not just a spring. it's also a finishing cutter that cuts on both sides of the blade, not just the clockwise side.

the ridgid part # 61770 for the 4'' x 6'' t-15a list price is 100.10 as of 2/1/06

part # 61825 6'' x 8'' t-15b list 106.25 as of 2/1/06.

these cutters have been in the ridgid line up as long as i've been plumbing and then some.

now please list your spartan cutter because as of the, my year 2001 spartan catalog they didn't exist.

rick.

as of tonights web page from spartan they still don't exist. http://www.spartantool.com/mach-acce...5&actyp=Blades

maybe because spartan doesn't have a sectional machine, maybe because spartan gets it from ridgid?

maybe because it's wishfull thinking?
                            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-09-2008, 04:42 AM. Reason: spartan link
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow
                              Rick,

Time to take it down a level before you scare some of these young guys off. Remember they are your friends first, your backup second and your competition last.

Mark
                              GOOD-LUCK MARK

Comment

HAHAHAHA, Rick does not care anything about friendship or respect, he has to show everyone up to make himself feel better.

robert, you bring it on yourself.

there is not 1 time i went on the attack towards you personally. only to defend your ridiculous statements.

sharkbite being the latest one.

i would love to see the spartan expanding cutter that doesn't exist.

my guess is you bought it at mckinney and they adapted the ridgid cutter to a spartan end. so a picture of your cutter would be nice now that you opened up a can of worms.

there are only a few companies that make an expanding cutter.

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X