X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Roundup Events

Originally posted by westcoastplumber
    I will take a picture of it later, it looks nothing like the ridgid expandable cutter. await my pictures
    a spartan part # will be good as i already posted the ridgid part# you asked for.

for a $100.+ cutter, i would think it has a part#.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Josh,

Maybe you should KICK OUT ROBERT AND RICK FROM THE FORUM FOR A WEEK OR SO...

Maybe it'll teach them something

Block their ip...do something....

Don't block me just beacuse I'm married to one

Comment

It actually only cost 75.00 and I do not have the part number, it is not on the web site. I have no problem calling Spartan and getting it.

It fits the spartan cable, does not look like the ridgid and when It was sold to me, it was sold to me as a spartan part.

Be carefull rickets, you might be wrong with this
        a picture is worth the price of admission. i know you know how to post nice blown up photos.

once i see it, i'll tell you what brand it actually is.

i already know it's not a spartan, and chances are i know whose cutter that is. but i'll wait for the photo first. or should i just use my psychic abilities first?

i don't know, whats more fun, waiting for the photo or knowing what you have without ever seeing it.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          a picture is worth the price of admission. i know you know how to post nice blown up photos.

once i see it, i'll tell you what brand it actually is.

i already know it's not a spartan, and chances are i know whose cutter that is. but i'll wait for the photo first. or should i just use my psychic abilities first?

i don't know, whats more fun, waiting for the photo or knowing that it is Spartan. He told you he thinks it is
          rick.

It will be awhile for the photo Rickles since he is taking a shower now and then he has to watch his 30 min show and after that he will take a photo and then I can blow it and pu it on.

Comment

Rob say's he wants you to guess first, you get 3 guesses.

Comment

no wonder it is so hot on the west cost with all this hot air talking going on

lets and make up boys
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                Rob say's he wants you to guess first, you get 3 guesses.

since robert doesn't know what he bought, doesn't have a part # and isn't on the spartan site. i'll let him sweat it out to figure how he will post a photo of something that doesn't exist on the spartan site.

if i tell you in advance, it will take all the fun away.

but i will post it as soon as i see the real picture in robs hands on his machine.

joey knows the one i'm thinking of. i even have a part # and catalog of the one i'm thinking of. so i'll post that info as soon as i see the photo, right or wrong.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  since robert doesn't know what he bought, doesn't have a part # and isn't on the spartan site. i'll let him sweat it out to figure how he will post a photo of something that doesn't exist on the spartan site.

if i tell you in advance, it will take all the fun away.

but i will post it as soon as i see the real picture in robs hands on his machine.

joey knows the one i'm thinking of. i even have a part # and catalog of the one i'm thinking of. so i'll post that info as soon as i see the photo, right or wrong.

rick.

In Robs defense. Not all the Spartan blades are going to be on the Spartan site. I know this as i order blades from either Bob from Spartan directly, or i have a catalog that has every single blade and attachment in it.

Gonna need to see a pic of it though, he explained it to me over the phone, it almost sounds like the retriever that Spartan has that you screw onto the leader, which is not on their site.
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                    In Robs defense. Not all the Spartan blades are going to be on the Spartan site. I know this as i order blades from either Bob from Spartan directly, or i have a catalog that has every single blade and attachment in it.

Gonna need to see a pic of it though, he explained it to me over the phone, it almost sounds like the retriever that Spartan has that you screw onto the leader, which is not on their site.

Awww...friends forever...

Comment

[quote=westcoastplumber;127040]I will take a picture of it later, it looks nothing like the ridgid expandable cutter. await my pictures[/quote]

amazing as the 4 ridgid expanding cutters i have look identical including the blades. the only thing different is the end connectors i've welded on to connect to all of my machines and cables.

Whats funny is I have ridgid cutters on it right now, they don't work well for this adapter, but McKinney has ordered the SPARTAN ones for this. They should be in this week, tomorrow hopefully, sadly, I had to get what I could get because both plumbers depot and mkinney's are out of the Spartan Blades. I took this adapter into Mckinney and they checked it out and liked it.

If you look, it came from the factory this way, no adapting in any way, other then the ridgid cutters, I run the best cable around Spartan, and it fits perfectly.
                      it should fit as ridgid and spartan ends are so close, i even mix and match connectors. ridgid doesn't make that cutter for their drum machine, just their sectional high speed machine. thats because it takes speed to keep thier cutters open. the spring is just to help apply the opening force. by the way these were designed as a finishing cutter and not a cutter open the line. you'll lose the spring in the roots if it snags.

amazing, it looks identical to the ridgid expanding cutter, including the knife blades on it. i guess it was late last night when you stated it looks nothing like the ridgid cutter.
                      seeing i only have 4 of them. including my 7500/ spartan version that i welded on and yes mckinney (alan and raul) saw mine over 10 years ago. and liked them too.

alan sold to jeff, a former ridgid salesman and raul opened up his own drain cleaning co.

funny it looks like those blades and holders have never seen the inside of a pipe yet. have you used it or is all show and no go
                      how long have you had this for?

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

O boy, plumber rick and westcoast are at it again.

"I'll show you mine, if you show me yours! Neener, neener, neener, my tool is bigger than yours!"
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I agree. This is getting old, i believe the thread is RIDGID ROUNDUP EVENTS.

Start a new thread, now we have 3 pages of fighting over if a blade is Spartan or not.

This is one of the biggest highjacking job ive seen yet

You 2 outta be ashamed of yourselves
                          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

It actually only cost 75.00 and I do not have the part number, it is not on the web site. I have no problem calling Spartan and getting it.

It fits the spartan cable, does not look like the ridgid and when It was sold to me, it was sold to me as a spartan part.

Be carefull rickets, you might be wrong with this
                            I use it once the line is open and I have run a camera in it. I use it before I do the Rootx to clean the line.

I have used it on 2 sewers and lateralls, tomorrow will be the third.

It is spring loaded and does an excellent job, speed is not needed to keep the blades open. I only need ot make a few passes and the line is cleaned out. The last sewer was in very bad condition, with a large problem on the saddle and multiples in the 4" and 6", this set up did an excellent job.

Spartan has cutters that fit this adapter, like i said, I have ridgid blades on it now until mine come in from McKinneys.

This does not look like the one McKiinney has, I have seen theirs, freddy and the guy's were impressed with the one I have.

To me, Spartan makes it, it fits my Spartan cable, which any ridgid adapter will not do, spartan and ridgid are not close.

robert, since i own more machines than just 3, i have interchanged both spartan ends and ridgid ends. they are so close that a slight touch with a file makes them slide together like the factory. the spartan uses a roll pin and the ridgid uses an eccentric screw to lock them together. the actual male connector is 99% identical to the ridgid and therefore will interchange like i've stated.

So, all in all, it fits my Spartan cable, It takes Spartan Cutters only, and I bought it as described, A Spartan Expandable Cutter.

You promised pictures of what you were thinking, why not post yours?? along with the one McKinney made you, I know what they look like, but I want you to show the guy's.
                            i promised a part # of the one i was thinking of. since i don't own a marco machine, i don't use marco cutters. but the part #8622 no.309 expansion cutter 3''-8''. now this is from my old catalog of 1994. it's been a long time since i've seen them at a local trade show.

as far as mckinney making me mine where did i say they made anything for me? i guess you need to quote me as i'm lost on this.
                            i make/ weld all my own adapters and adapt my specialty blades to fit my
                            assortment of machines. the k-60 and k-1500 use a rectangular hole and not a standard 3/8'' stud.
                            other than ridgid, i can't locate any replacement only blades, so i adapt my own to fit. ben does too

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                              I agree. This is getting old, i believe the thread is RIDGID ROUNDUP EVENTS.

Start a new thread, now we have 3 pages of fighting over if a blade is Spartan or not.

This is one of the biggest highjacking job ive seen yet

You 2 outta be ashamed of yourselves
                              so how about the roundup
                              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Mark,

I think it is great. It does an excellent job.

Thanks
                                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X