This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Roundup Events

Yeah guys.. get a chatroom. you have completely hijacked this thread and we will end up having to start another one. Thanks a lot ya jerks

Comment

will that fit a ridgid 3/4 cable? if so I want one
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Josh it`s ok cause the drum guy`s have already won

Hey Rick

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          will that fit a ridgid 3/4 cable? if so I want one

rick say's it will above is a ridgid cable, look close at my spartan end.

rick say's with a little use of a metal file it will work fine

Anyways, take your chance, I am not in the habit of rigging things toghether, I have ridgid cutters on there now and they move all over the place, can't wait till the Spartan cutters come in.

I will say thought that the Ridgid cutters are sharp and work well.

Comment

to bad she`s already taken you got any single sisters?

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              to bad she`s already taken you got any single sisters?
              My hubby has a sister.

What are your preferences? Kidding...

Just get one of those Russian online order brides

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post

rick say's it will above is a ridgid cable, look close at my spartan end.

rick say's with a little use of a metal file it will work fine

Anyways, take your chance, I am not in the habit of rigging things toghether, I have ridgid cutters on there now and they move all over the place, can't wait till the Spartan cutters come in.

I will say thought that the Ridgid cutters are sharp and work well.

rick also says if you want to fight your husbands battles you really need to know what your looking at since it obvious you and robert don't know a 1/2'' cable from a 3/4'' cable from a sectional cable.

without going into my truck and my shop tonight with a camera, i will just post directly from the ridgid site. this link is the cutters and cable connections for a 3/4'' drum machine connector. almost identical to the spartan. why do i know this, because i own 3-750 and 2-7500 and a spartan 300 to name just a few.

why don't you know this? because you don't own any ridgid drum machines and no sectional machines.
                http://www.ridgid.com/catalog/RT2004-149.pdf
                compare these male connectors from the 7500 to your spartan connector. looks 99% identical.

if you really want to get into a debate with this, have robert go to mckinney and purchase a 3/4'' spartan connector and a 3/4'' ridgid connector and put them side by side. a touch with a file will allow for them to interchange.

ps, the photo you have posted is from a 1/2'' ridgid drum cable and the connector is identical to the 7/8'' sectional connector. of course i don't expect you to know this.

maybe i'll find a stock photo from allclear who has a close up of the connector he was trying to purchase a while back. we all know this is from his 7500 machine.

next time do your homework so you don't fail plumbing 101.

rick.

here is the link for the 3/8'' and 1/2'' drum cable. http://www.ridgid.com/catalog/RT2004-141.pdf

looks like the identical photo you got for your picture.

how about this link for the k-1500 cable. http://www.ridgid.com/catalog/RT2004-159.pdf

take a good look at the expanding cutter. looks identical to roberts expanding cutter, just a different connector.
                Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-10-2008, 12:35 AM. Reason: additional links.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Good Gosh!

Y'all made me change my avatar after how serious this thread got.

The best I've done in the past 3 days is clog my toilet, a kohler cimmarron which is pretty hard to do.

I got it open with a plunger, no drain cleaning equipment needed.

For the record,

I've only posted twice in this thread before now.
                  Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 03-10-2008, 01:06 AM.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I navy trade school, we had a simple maze and we had to fit 1/2 copper in the maze. The thing was we couldn't piece it together. We had to measure everything and place the copper thingamajig(official term) in the maze to see if it would fit. Going off memory, it took us about 3 hours but that was for apprentices. I hope we could do this faster. This is a great test of fitting allowances and measurements.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      I navy trade school, we had a simple maze and we had to fit 1/2 copper in the maze. The thing was we couldn't piece it together. We had to measure everything and place the copper thingamajig(official term) in the maze to see if it would fit. Going off memory, it took us about 3 hours but that was for apprentices. I hope we could do this faster. This is a great test of fitting allowances and measurements.
                      That's actually a really good test Ben.I know a lot of guys who call themselves plumbers who would fall flat on their face cause the can't layout center to center.

Comment

Are we going to be able to buy direct from the factory?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                          My hubby has a sister.

What are your preferences? Kidding...

Just get one of those Russian online order brides
                          If I could find one that could smile as pretty as you, I`d be all over it

We have a plumber here in town that got one last year.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            rick also says if you want to fight your husbands battles you really need to know what your looking at since it obvious you and robert don't know a 1/2'' cable from a 3/4'' cable from a sectional cable.

without going into my truck and my shop tonight with a camera, i will just post directly from the ridgid site. this link is the cutters and cable connections for a 3/4'' drum machine connector. almost identical to the spartan. why do i know this, because i own 3-750 and 2-7500 and a spartan 300 to name just a few.

why don't you know this? because you don't own any ridgid drum machines and no sectional machines.
                            http://www.ridgid.com/catalog/RT2004-149.pdf
                            compare these male connectors from the 7500 to your spartan connector. looks 99% identical.

if you really want to get into a debate with this, have robert go to mckinney and purchase a 3/4'' spartan connector and a 3/4'' ridgid connector and put them side by side. a touch with a file will allow for them to interchange.

ps, the photo you have posted is from a 1/2'' ridgid drum cable and the connector is identical to the 7/8'' sectional connector. of course i don't expect you to know this.

maybe i'll find a stock photo from allclear who has a close up of the connector he was trying to purchase a while back. we all know this is from his 7500 machine.

next time do your homework so you don't fail plumbing 101.

rick.

here is the link for the 3/8'' and 1/2'' drum cable. http://www.ridgid.com/catalog/RT2004-141.pdf

looks like the identical photo you got for your picture.

how about this link for the k-1500 cable. http://www.ridgid.com/catalog/RT2004-159.pdf

take a good look at the expanding cutter. looks identical to roberts expanding cutter, just a different connector.
                            Sunday, September 14, 2003 </SPAN>
                            Does Being "Right" Really Matter?

"Maturity begins when we're content to feel we're right about something without feeling the necessity to prove someone else wrong."
                            - Sydney J. Harris, journalist, author, 1917-1986

I know some people who always think they're right. And they're not content in simply believing they are the ultimate authority on any topic you might care to bring up. They have to point out how you're wrong about it. I've often wondered why they feel it's necessary to do this.

Why can't they simply bask in the personal knowledge that they know the answer without trying to prove that you're wrong?
                            It's interesting to watch the dynamics at play when two characters who are both like this get together. Talk about the irresistible force meeting the immovable object! Usually, they can't be friends, at least for very long. It's just too hard to relate to someone who won't let you prove him wrong because he's too busy trying to prove you're wrong.

I usually interact with these individuals by simply not responding to their challenges. If they have a need to be right, I let them be right. Frankly, I don't give a hoot, and over time I've learned that it's difficult to convince someone like this that they should check their facts or re-examine their argument no matter how sincerely you try. They're just too busy advocating their views to listen to you.

The unfortunate thing in all this is that these people drive potential friends away. No one wants to be around them, and most of the time they don't have a clue as to why. I, for one, don't believe it's very likely that anything you might say will change their behavior, so if you like them despite their need to be right, you just have to let them be right.

And if they're wrong, well, you just have to let them be right. A cop-out perhaps, but heck, it works for me.

Comment

you posted your photo, i corrected the fact that your photo is the wrong one.

if you had posted the proper photo, there would be no need for me to set the record straight.

neither myself, you or robert is scoring points on this. it's a matter of defending myself at this point.

read back a couple of days and see who brought up the flat rate subject on this post. even another member set him straight.

if you're going to post a photo to try to knock me, make sure you know what you're posting or it will come back to bite you.

i've made my point, you've made your point, others have made their point.

lets drop it and move on.

we both have a real job to do and i'm tired of going back and forth on this.

go ahead and post your final word if need be and lets move on

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

To all of those involve sometimes it is not about right or wrong. Out of respect to the rest of the forum it would be nice if you deleted all of the posts which are off-topic and would have been better handled in PMs.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X