X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Roundup Events

Okay here are a few ideas regarding the events to be included in the Ridgid Roundup Events.

First we need a single story building for roof vent cleanings, a multi-story building for miscellaneous fixture branch cleaning and an at ground level main cleanout for mainline cleaning.

Secondly, as we will not all fit inside of the building we will need to have digital feeds from the stairwells and rooms where the tasks will be preformed. This way while the contestants are competing the spectators can view the event from a remote location.

Here is an idea of some events:

50’ dash – Contestant unloads his machine and transports it to an above ground cleanout 100’ away where he runs 50’ of main line cable (3/4” – 7/8”) into the cleanout then loads his equipment back on the truck.

In for the long run – This would basically be the same task as above but in this task the contestant will run 125’ of main line cable into the cleanout’

Vertigo challenge – The contestant will run 50’ of ½” – 5/8” cable down a 2” roof top vent (single-story) using whatever method makes sense to him.

Multi floor task
    • The contestant will unload his equipment from the truck and head for the basement where he will run 60’ of cable through a fixture located in the basement level of the building. After completing the task he will reload his equipment.
    • The contestant will unload his equipment from the truck and head for the first floor where he will run 60’ of cable through a fixture located on the first floor level of the building. After completing the task he will reload his equipment.
    • The contestant will unload his equipment from the truck and head for the second floor where he will run 60’ of cable through a fixture located on the second floor level of the building. After completing the task he will reload his equipment.
    All tasks to be graded on the time it takes to complete the task but points will be deducted for any ensuing damage or mess.
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 03-07-2008, 09:37 PM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Ridgid Roundup Events

can I just call Mr. Rooter?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      can I just call Mr. Rooter?
      Yes but you will have to pay them yourself plus you will lose points. Besides you may end up with one of the guys who just completed a 2-hour course on how to clean drains.

Mark

Comment

mark, although i do like the drain cleaning events. they need to be more challenging though. basement to roof top. no elevator, just stairs. and only 1 machine with choices of cables.

i think we need to include a "lumber jack" competition too.

we get timed to cut a piece of 2'' steel and then hand ream and hand thread it.

play hide and go seek with a seesnake and transmitter. need to find marked locations and place flags at these points. time and accuracy is essential.

maybe a wrench off. how fast a person can tighten a series of fittings and then back them off.

snapping cast iron for speed and proper length and squareness.

how about a toilet seat toss. sort of like a shot putt competition. i would like a toilet toss, but not sure ridgid would approve of the mess.

still plenty of other ideas, just need to come up with them.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          mark, although i do like the drain cleaning events. they need to be more challenging though. basement to roof top. no elevator, just stairs. and only 1 machine with choices of cables.

play hide and go seek with a seesnake and transmitter. need to find marked locations and place flags at these points. time and accuracy is essential.

maybe a wrench off. how fast a person can tighten a series of fittings and then back them off.

how about a toilet seat toss. sort of like a shot putt competition. i would like a toilet toss, but not sure ridgid would approve of the mess.

rick.
          What if we allow additional machines but give a penalty for additional machines?

We already are doing basement, first floor and second floor using stairs (school house) I just was concerned about second story roof safety so I switched to a single story (fitness building) for the roof.

Mark

Comment

Wow, I should be a shoe-in for biggest loser having blindness, kidney and heart disease. Woooohoooooo!!

If this is about speed, I'm filing discrimination suits from the go, I'll win the award from a wheelchair real quick!

That and who's carrying the insurance policy that covers me from physical danger/undo hardship asking a plumber to get on a roof? The "plumber's" last quote on this site:

HERE

SECOND OPINION

^^^

Both from the same thread, I have it bookmarked for easy reference

I have a lot of respect for this guy and I've never even traded words with him. I'm sure the respect everyone shows him will kill any objection to my reasoning why I think that test is a bad one, even though it's part of drain cleaner's work detail in different areas in the United States.

This contest should follow your region's work detail, not someone elses, graded on the principle of how effective your talent is.

If this contest is graded by how easily someone is disabled can perform the task at hand with the least about to ease?

Stay home because I'm going to win hand down and around my back. Speed is a discrimination, accuracy and professionalism should be the baseline of this contest because anyone can move faster than they normally do on a regular basis.

Besides, I would scare people with my body moving that fast thinking CA is going to get shook off the edge of the america when my belly starts bouncing.

Ease and finesse from truck back to truck should be the buy line of winning.

I can see me tearing my rotator cuff again slinging a toilet seat.

Some contests I want to lose, but I want to win the "who's knows the easiest/simplest way to methodically open a drain and be on their way to the next call" contest.
            Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 03-08-2008, 03:48 AM.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

rick.

Only 1 machine of choice?? Whats the matter, getting scared ??

I will be driving my van to the roundup, gonna have the Drain Medic arsonal waiting for you there

Then you can see the "TOP SECRET, MISSION PERSONAL" compartment on my truck that Gene was talking about
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

great ideas so far guys. We need to remember to make the competitions broad enough that everyone can participate... and most importantly safe enough that nobody looses and arm try to maintain their pride

Keep the ideas commin.

Josh

Comment

OK then, let's just go for most beers in an hour
                  sigpic

Comment

Honestly, i dont care what competitions are going on, who wins what....Im SOOOOOOOO excited to get the chance to meet everyone at once. I cant wait
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                      Only 1 machine of choice?? Whats the matter, getting scared ??

greg, what all of you forget, is it was my idea and it's always been a 1 machine competition. thus the same reason with the debate if you could only have 1 machine, what would it be?

I will be driving my van to the roundup, gonna have the Drain Medic arsonal waiting for you there

Then you can see the "TOP SECRET, MISSION PERSONAL" compartment on my truck that Gene was talking about

joey and i will be flying there in coach, but flying back first class with all the medals and trophies. remember the only machine i will need is already at ridgid. displayed in the gold room

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        OK then, let's just go for most beers in an hour

make it root beer and you're on

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

joey and i will be flying there in coach, but flying back first class with all the medals and trophies. remember the only machine i will need is already at ridgid. displayed in the gold room

rick.

Your going to be taking a cab back to LA when im done with ya

Cause for you, its going to be $50 an autograph at the booth, then i have to charge you an extra $75 so you can take your picture with me, and the secret weapon

Well ok, maybe Joey can fly 1st class home

Comment

I like Rick's idea of a 'Wrench Off'.
                            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I am going to have a great time sitting in a lawn chair relaxing,drinking Iced Tea watching you Spaztics work for ego on your vacation.

This is going to be the most awesome gathering!!!!

Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X