X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharkbite fitting and ASSE #

I've only used a few Sharkbites and have had no problems. One should note from the "warranty" however that they are warrantied against defects in materials. They are not warrantied against the failure of the integrity of the joint. (Unless I missed it.) So, if one blows off, that's not covered. If it leaks when you put some sideways pressure on it, that's not covered. If there's a hole in the casting, that's covered.

Comment

come on guys, We are plubers here. If you want to use shark bites for temporary repairs or testing, fine. But to use it for a perminant repair and worse yet to charge for doing so is just lazy hack plumbing.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        come on guys, We are plubers here. If you want to use shark bites for temporary repairs or testing, fine. But to use it for a perminant repair and worse yet to charge for doing so is just lazy hack plumbing.
        Right with ya...er....except for the "pluber" part.
        Thought it was spelled "plumer"...?

Comment

Come on Mark, be serious. It's spelled p-u-m-b-e-r period
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You mean it's not Plummer?

****!

I knew the truck lettering guy was wrong.
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Due to my advanced age, my fingers sometimes get behind my brain (which is going fast also)

plumber, plumber, plumber, plumber, plumber, plumber,plumber, plumber, plumber, plumber.

There, I thunk I got it.
              sigpic

Comment

My point for a long time, thank you.
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Damn!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                    You mean it's not Plummer?

****!

I knew the truck lettering guy was wrong.

That was pretty good Aaron.

So your parents are gonna sign the field trip release so you can go to the roundup??

sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                      I've only used a few Sharkbites and have had no problems. One should note from the "warranty" however that they are warrantied against defects in materials. They are not warrantied against the failure of the integrity of the joint. (Unless I missed it.) So, if one blows off, that's not covered. If it leaks when you put some sideways pressure on it, that's not covered. If there's a hole in the casting, that's covered.

Interesting point, awhile ago on another sharbite thread I mentioned my general liability insurance appreciates the fact that I do not use these.
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Due to my advanced age, my fingers sometimes get behind my brain (which is going fast also)

plumber, plumber, plumber, plumber, plumber, plumber,plumber, plumber, plumber, plumber.

There, I thunk I got it.
                        Thenk yoo vary moch.
                        Gramer & gud spelig is extreemly impotent to me.
                        Sine of a reel gud plummer.

Comment

Cash Acme SharkBite fittings were tested by IAPMO to the ASSE 1061-2006 and IGC 188-04C. You can find all the information on warranties and certifications on Cash Acme's website. www.cashacme.com you can also see what I was talking about on this direct link http://www.cashacme.com/_images/pdf_...B_ASSE1061.pdf

Comment

I have never used a Sharkbite fitting. That is a good idea for test setups though. To say that they are bad because of the rubber seal? What about Victaulic then? I have not seen problems with them for rubber related breakdowns.

Comment

So what exactly is tube support liner as it pertains to the use of Sharkbites and PEX pipe...

I know I have seen it mentioned here before but I have never been clear as to exactly what material to use or is this a manufactured item.

Okie

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                                So what exactly is tube support liner as it pertains to the use of Sharkbites and PEX pipe...

I know I have seen it mentioned here before but I have never been clear as to exactly what material to use or is this a manufactured item.

Okie
                                It is an insert which makes sure the PEX is full size and round when it intersects with the o-ring. It comes pre-installed in the fitting and you have to remove it for copper or CPVC.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X