Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you a sucker for new tools?

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    My wife says its like an addiction. Worse than gambling or womanizing. She says I get a glazed look in my eyes when strolling through the tool department at H.D.

I was going through my power tools the other day and sorting them out.

7 - sawzalls of various makes
    9 - Hole hawgs and d handle drills
    13 cordless drills
    5 - skill saws
    13 - routers
    3 table saws
    4 chop saws
    6 corded drills
    3 portable band saws
    7 hammer drills
    and the list goes on. And these are my tools not the business tools. Maybe she has a point. And no, I don't want to sell any of them, They're mine................
    NH:

You're not sick. You've just been hanging around P-Rick too long.
    Errrr. On second thought maybe you're a bit twisted after all.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
      Yep.

I try to convince myself and the gal that spending money on good tools is a good hobby since I use em for work as well. It makes my work more enjoyable and therefore makes me a happier person. I really do think this is true but I have to beware of the point of diminishing returns.

I'm tooled up pretty good right now, but that doesn't mean I'll pass up a good deal when I see it. I'm just lucky I don't have a garage or shop and have to keep everything in my truck. Giving a tool-a-holic shop space is like giving a crack head a $20 bill.

Eli
      LOL

Comment

When my mother passed a few years ago her ash's were mailed to me....she wanted them to be spread someplace that I visit a lot.My girlfriend said I don't think she would like the tool aisle at HomeDepo.( I did spread them on a nice slope with plenty of flowers next door)

Comment

Me too - in fact I have so many I've had to start getting rid of those I had not used in a while. Some of the tools I have are for natural stone fabrication, concrete and masonry, plumbing, electrics, some metalworking (hydraulic press, brake, bandsaw etc), drywall, automotive (I fix my own transmissions etc) and so on. On most jobs the tools pay for themselves. I think the only thing I don't have many tools for is woodworking. Got a few things like router and some hand tools but no table saw.

Comment

Originally posted by IamVince View Post
            When my mother passed a few years ago her ash's were mailed to me....she wanted them to be spread someplace that I visit a lot.My girlfriend said I don't think she would like the tool aisle at HomeDepo.( I did spread them on a nice slope with plenty of flowers next door)
            I'm having my ashes spread /dumped in the South Pacific near Saipan/Guam by a U.S. Naval vessel. (Hope they don't use the trash disposal unit)
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

My local Ferguson started stocking a bunch of power tools. They have a whole wall of milwaukee and ridgid tools. I hate and love going in there now...
              Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
              Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
              X