RIDGID Roundup Events 2 - the smack free thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIDGID Roundup Events 2 - the smack free thread

I`d win it all so the rest of you can just set back and hand Rick a tissue <--- I just love this little guy
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Another competition...hmmm.... Got it! Connect the end of Ricks K-60 cable to the end of one of the other guys drum machines cable. Turn both on and run. Ought to be great on YouTube.

Comment

Guys if you arent signed up for the roundup make sure you do it soon. Just a friendly reminder.

josh

Comment

I haven't read through all the pages but...

How about who can bend 3/8" soft copper the fastest/nicest with a tubing bender, and connect it from the 2 angle stops to the mixing valve.
          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

just thinking off the top of my head here....

who can run the 40 yard dash with a 14" pipe wrench balanced upright on their chin? (helmet required for safety)

best interpretive dance of a main stoppage

for the men...best Drew Carey impression

for the ladies.. best Chrissy Hynde 'look-alike- contest (these are the only 2 famous people I could think of from Cleveland)

Aaron can take my place on the rope for Tug of War. He might be spindly but he has arms of steel

Comment

we will not be able to do any other challenges because we will be so much entertained and laughing we cant do any thing else

and if rob is traveling from the east to get there then he is on the east side

and i agree the propress is is faster but soldering does look better
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                best interpretive dance of a main stoppage
                I did a main line for some folks with little kids. One was watching me work 'til his mom shooed him off. He drew me a picture of the sewer backup and proudly presented to me as I was leaving. I've kept it.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  i'm not sure how to judge the speed of the cuts vrs. the squareness and proper length.

i guess we could use as much time as necessary and then compare. if 2 are good, the fastest one wins?

to keep it simple and cheap. we are handed a precut (abrasive sawed) 12'' plus or minus a little. piece of 2'' no hub.

we have to measure the piece, find the center and cut / snap it in half.

the end results would be to have 2 identical pieces that are standing on edge and a level or square are placed on top of the 2 pieces. since the factory cut was already square. the snapped end are placed down and the clean edge would be measured for identical length and standing square.

i guess a lot has to do with the way the pipe snaps, but there are ways to snap and keep it clean.
                  ridgid makes 3 styles of snap cutters. the standard scissor, the large ratchet and the newer smaller ratchet cutters.
                  do you go for speed and sacrifice accuracy or accuracy for speed

remember the contest has to be fairly simple and not too involved. so 1 cut should keep it simple, fast and inexpensive for material.

sounds good? is there a better way? yes or no?

rick.
                  It sounds great, I know the trick to cutting straight CI...after seeing you type it out and envisioning it...it just doesn't seem quite so ...um...glamorous, lol.
                  I think maybe I'll sh'up and let you guys go on and on about the drain cleaning contest...maybe a tug O war would be cool, but it really is starting to look like the East vs West thing might be a bit lobsided.
                  Suddenly it looks like there are far more East guys than West.

Wow, I remember when I first got to this forum it was all West.

Comment

Ok. Now I'm officially not coming. I am NOT going to get into the East Coast vs. West Coast pipe war. They got Biggie, they got Tupac, I've seen Utah's guns.

Well DJ PlumberRick ain't gettin' a chance to pop a cap in Lil'JC.

Comment

for some reason you all seem to forget about us central state guy (S) Keep it up and I`ll bring my master plumber with me and he`s a BIG GUN if you know what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        for some reason you all seem to forget about us central state guy (S) Keep it up and I`ll bring my master plumber with me and he`s a BIG GUN if you know what I mean
                        No I don't know what you mean and I don't want to know how you know the size of his gun.

hahahahahahahaha
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Nothing to do with his gun....rotflmao but he`s a big boy and would kick the crap out of most of us....lol. He uses channel locks on stuff I have to use a pipe wrench. I`m like 6` 170lb and he`s some where .....well he`s much bigger then I am Lets just say he eats well
                          He`s really a cool guy and fun to work with. I`ve learned a thing or two from em. I might see if he wants to go anyway ?

Comment

I was just reading through this thread trying to narrow down the ideas for what we are going to use as contests at the round and I read this. Are you serious? What are you spoking HVAC Or am I all alone on this.

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                            and i agree the propress is is faster but soldering does look better

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              I was just reading through this thread trying to narrow down the ideas for what we are going to use as contests at the round and I read this. Are you serious? What are you smoking HVAC Or am I all alone on this.
                              Not alone only in the minority.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

soldering does show off ones skills, or lack of skills.

of course it's not simple to tell a good joint from a bad joint on the physical appearance.

having a competition on what looks the cleanest is fine, but then all participants will have to use the same flux and solder.

for those of you that don't use water safe flux, you'll have fun trying to figure it out the first time.

the other issue will be the cost of the copper. when i was an apprentice in school with 30 others in class. we soft soldered 2'' couplings in a vertical position and silver soldered/ brazed 1'' also in a vertical position.

the soldered joints were cut and peeled apart to examine, while the brazed were only cut in half, length ways to check for proper penetration.

time consuming and only 1 judge, the teacher.

my original post was to show the speed and ease of propress vrs. soldered joints. plus it will also expose the tool and process to all the guys that have not seen or used a propress for their work. i think we all solder on a regular basis. but propress is less than 5% according to my supply house vendors.

another plumber friend of mine called me yesterday to ask where to unload copper fittings. he just bought a propress 100/ 1/2''-1'' for repipes and is so happy that he is selling his soldered fittings.

i have no problem soldering or a soldering competition, but the point was more geared to exposing the differences between the 2 processes.

sort of like the drum vrs. sectional debate

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X