X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mapp gas

heard a rumor[or not] that by the end of this year mapp gas is going to be a thing of the past, anyone else hear this?

Re: mapp gas

No. Who told you that?
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

just had a trade show at our locale ferguson and several of our plumbers heard from some distibutors that it was beind fazed out, i couldnt believe it so im trying to find out.

Comment

i think april fools has come early
        how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

What I recall is the price of MAPP is going to go up, the sole producer (as I was told at my Ferguson) is stopping (temporarily) the production of the fuel. This particular manager has been pretty spot on with his pricing info in the past. Heard this Tues or Wed this week

Greg

Comment

I won't use a B tank, and I sure as heck don't want to be stuck on a 2" burst main @ 10pm with propane.

Comment

Mapp Gas has already been discontinued. It was only being bottled by one source, and they have ceased operations. Map-Pro Gas will be replacing it. It burns very similar to Mapp, but there are some slight differences. It is a Propylene based gas. Map-Pro weighs less per volume, but will be sold in identical yellow cylinders as Mapp was. Map-Pro will be 14 oz per cylinder, while Mapp was 16. Most retailers and suppliers have just changed the product availabile to the old part numbers.

Brandon

Comment

why wont you use a b tank .I work out of my house so i dont use b tanks ,only mapp

Comment

Working...
                X