X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mtnmn1100 avatar

What's the story? Got a feeling this will lead to a exploding WH debate so I started this thread.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Mtnmn1100 avatar

I noticed his avatar too. I'm curious as to whether or not he found the picture on the internet or took it himself.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

This picture is a Bradford White water heater popsicle I pulled from a frozen house. Tenants moved out and turned off the power and gas. Water heater, toilet, shower valve, supply lines and about 12 spots on the copper pipe froze. The tank is sill in my driveway, It's too heavy to move cause it's still full of ice. I put up some other pics.
      ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Did the tennants do it intentionally?
        That'd hurt, big time....nasty thing to do.

Comment

Did the toilet crack?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Oops sorry BW this was a State water heater. But this would have happened to any water heater. The toilet upstairs cracked on the side of the trap way. The shower valve cartridge also cracked/froze, broke right out of the valve.

Comment

I need to get my eyes checked again, I thought it was a water heater blanket...Oh well....nothing that some duct tape couldn't fix.......Rick
              The Other Rick

Comment

Did you take pics of those? Can you post a pic of your avatar so people can see what we're talking about if you ever decide to change your avatar?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

the avatar pic

this was how I found it still installed.
                  this is the crack at the seam of the tank, notice the ice is still in there.

this is hard to see on the camera but the tank had a bulge all the way around it at about half way up.

I just got another call tonight about frozen house. I guess I am developing a niche market to get my biz off the ground.

Comment

Last year I was doing 2-3 frozen lines a day for about a month and a half. This year with all the F$#^*#g snow and warmer temps, I've had three.

1 frozen water line. Buy the time I got there I just turned the well on and it had thawed itself out.

2 frozen sewer lines both due to failing systems.
                    I was really counting on the freeze season this year but it never came. It was a huge help last year as a start up, but this year it never came. One thing I have learned is, Never count on future work.
                    Last edited by Gene Bickford; 03-17-2008, 11:37 AM.
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I think I can always count on the Colorado freeze.

I love this job that I can do good solid hard work for one day that earns enough to pay the mortgage for the month.

Comment

Working...
                      X