X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nexstar

i was wondering if any one else had gone threw the nexstar training.? i started it today, its pretty intresting

Re: nexstar

What's nexstar?
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by craigofva View Post
      i was wondering if any one else had gone threw the nexstar training.? i started it today, its pretty intresting
      I noticed George Brazil is one of the founders so I assume it has a lot to do with flat-rate pricing. I spent some time visiting with George Brazil while we were both attending a PHCC Convention in San Francisco. If his business practices have nont changed I can safely say he is the one who gives flat rate pricing a bad name.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I noticed George Brazil is one of the founders so I assume it has a lot to do with flat-rate pricing. I spent some time visiting with George Brazil while we were both attending a PHCC Convention in San Francisco. If his business practices have nont changed I can safely say he is the one who gives flat rate pricing a bad name.

Mark
        Hmmm. Yes, but he's filthy rich ain't he.
        sigpic

Comment

So...NH...whatabout Beckett?
          Looks like we're off to a rough start this year with him out...

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            So...NH...whatabout Beckett?
            Looks like we're off to a rough start this year with him out...
            Thread diversion...I like it

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Hmmm. Yes, but he's filthy rich ain't he.
              I imagine he is but as I recall he had 200-trucks when he filed for BK and left California. All that is left now of George Brazil Plumbing are those who bought franchises.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Thread diversion...I like it
                I was kidding, of course..in all honesty this could be a VERY enlightening thread...as long as nothing gets personal.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                  I was kidding, of course..in all honesty this could be a VERY enlightening thread...as long as nothing gets personal.
                  LOL don't be so naive. You and I both know where this is going to end up

Comment

We have two Wall-Mart plumbing companies up here. Heritage and Ben Franklin. I have a couple guys in my 2nd year apprentice course that work for them. From what I her they're real bastards to work for. Very pricy also. Makes our flat rate's seem too cheap. Unfortunatly this seems to be what the public is buying though. //big box stores, wal-marts, fast food crap restaurants (Appleby's sucks and so does Chili's and think it's the "well they have nice, new, shiney trucks with big ads on them, they must be good" mentality. I'm so glad I'm semi retarded, I mean retired.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey you guys need to understand that George Brazil is the frame of reference for us for flat rate pricing and as such has given all flat raters a bad name.

When I was visiting with George I told him I worked for an older woman on a fixed income in a retirement community. One of George's guys had recently charged her $475 to install a 4" PP center set and two supply lines. This was back in 1985 when most would have charged around $125 for the same job. He laughed and said what was worst is they hand the customer a 10% off coupon when they're done and if the customer is dumb enough to call them again they will rape them again. (hence the term flat-rape)

I'm OK with the principal of flat rate pricing but George Brazil seemed to have no ethics back then. Perhaps things have changed since then but I notice he no longer owns a Plumbing Company so maybe there is more money doing what he's doing now.

Mark

Comment

Oh Crap.
                        Here we go again
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Hey you guys need to understand that George Brazil is the frame of reference for us for flat rate pricing and as such has given all flat raters a bad name.

When I was visiting with George I told him I worked for an older woman on a fixed income in a retirement community. One of George's guys had recently charged her $475 to install a 4" PP center set and two supply lines. This was back in 1985 when most would have charged around $125 for the same job. He laughed and said what was worst is they hand the customer a 10% off coupon when they're done and if the customer is dumb enough to call them again they will rape them again. (hence the term flat-rape)

I'm OK with the principal of flat rate pricing but George Brazil seemed to have no ethics back then. Perhaps things have changed since then but I notice he no longer owns a Plumbing Company so maybe there is more money doing what he's doing now.

Mark
                          Completely illuminates your animousity towards the term "flat rate".
                          If I were to charge that kind of money for a simple lav faucet, I'd spend more time dealing with customers picking my work apart to get their moneys worth than doing the actual work.
                          Another thing I do that seems to get me some criticism is to cut rates when judgement calls for it.
                          Senior citizens, single mom with three kids that works as a cashier, I sleep better when I do a "feel good" thing from time to time.
                          My prices are a flat rate, not his rates though.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            Oh Crap.
                            Here we go again
                            Not so fast...sir.
                            Looks like we got some civility here...

Comment

Wanna Bet.?

We'd be safer discussing politics or religion or illegal immigrants
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X