• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plumbdog Retires.......The Hard Way

Dog, keep posting. Give'em hell.
    Brent

Comment

Dog-Keep on keepin on. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Greg

Comment

dog, in the few years we've been on the forum, we've had our times

but what it boils down to is you and i love our trade

you have a unique way of telling it like it is

since you've been away, some of the dog has rubbed off on me

joey, myself and all the members who have had the opportunity to mix it up with you, have all learned from your years of real life experiences.

joey and i are honored that you have included us into your life both on and off the forum.

i have always respected your input and opinions even if you were wrong

i think i can honestly say, there is not 1 active member here that doesn't know the legendary dog

i ask that josh and the forum members add a permanent section to the forum.

"ask the dog" or "the dog pound" or "feed it to the dog"
        "on the porch with the dog"

suggestions are welcome and i think this is a way to honor "the dog"

i hope and pray that "the dog" will have years to enjoy his forum section.

josh and others, lets make this happen

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I'm sorry to hear the bad news about your cancer. You have a lot of friends on here who will help keep your spirits up as best as possible.

Steve
          Steve
          www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

I think this is a great idea, Rick. This needs to happen! Several years ago I was a member of another forum in which another active member who was a carpenter, was killed on the job. Still to this day, the "Lounge" is named for him. A different scenario, I know. But I think the message applies here.

Dog, I have no idea what to say. I think everyone has been touched by cancer at some point in their life. A real good friend of mine is battling cancer for the third time. He is 42. A few years ago we built a racecar for a kid who worked at the dragstrip. He had Osteosarcoma and passed when he was 19.

Comment

Dog, there is not much words can do except make you realize how much people care about you. I think the responses here reflect the feelings of most of the forum members. As for myself, I have never met you, but your posts brought back so many fine memories of my "days on the job", that I felt like you were one of my"crew". I wish you the very best and hope to read your posts for many years.
              Jim

Comment

Rick, there is already a section like that at the top of the forum "Ask the Plumbing Experts" I originally created that section for Dog since he loves helping out DIYers so much

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Comment

Dog, I know how much you don't care for non plumbers invading this space and I am not writing to be disrespectful or upsetting to you. I originally was going to congratulate you on what must have been a long and rewarding career, but now I would like to offer my prayers that you do not suffer. I sincerely hope you are able to get things in order and mend fences as you spoke of. Stay strong and take care. God Bless you in your time of need.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    Rick, there is already a section like that at the top of the forum "Ask the Plumbing Experts" I originally created that section for Dog since he loves helping out DIYers so much
                    josh, i've always suggested a "quarantine area" for first time poster. this would be a way to stop the spam before it gets into the rest of the forum.

the quarantine area for this could be named "the watch dog" all new members would be directed there on their first new thread post, before it gets put out to the general forum.

i know i've always kidded with dog about names, but i'm serious about this.

it's not like he is leaving the forum because he doesn't like what he reads. honestly i would like to suggest a way to honor dog while he is still around to read the post.

is this something that others would agree on?

or should i drop it?

every member here both new and old know the dog. i for one have a serious respect for what he has contributed over the years. there's a little bit of dog in all of us.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I'm with ya Rick!
                      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Why don't you change the name of the members list to the DOG POUND
                        ________
                        Avalon
                        Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 03:49 PM.
                        Mike

Comment

there is a sign up in our shop that says "plumbers dont retire they just fade away under some sink" i cant figure out what it means, but maybe some day i will

Comment

how about a spot in the plumbing area called Plumbing Legends and you can put some ones name there and people can post how these people helped them with there experience in the trade and make it that people do not hijack the thread and keep it on track .

to get a name on this list it must be talked about in a PM to josh before He puts a name up for people to post about .

this person must have posted a lot on helping others and there dedication to the trade.

i do thing some thing should be done to honor these people that help keep this site going .

Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Plumbdog, i am very new on here, and never got to read much of your posts yet.

But i still feel for you. be the first to live 10 yrs.

All the best to you and your family

From across the pond.

Comment

cherish every moment you have.. my prayers goes with it..

Comment

Working...
                                X