Gas line to pool heater

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas line to pool heater

As I surfed I found this site - I hope it is ok to just ask a general question about what kind of expense to expect this to be. I am getting a pool and am considering a heater but know we would have to run a gas line about 100 ft from the house to the pool - can anyone give me a round about number of what to expect this to cost? THanks to any helpful information.
    Jenny

CHANCES ARE THE PIPE IS GOING TO BE 1.5''. THE LARGE COST IS THE DIGGING. THE PIPE OF CHOICE IS HDPE. HIGH DENSITY POLEYTHENE. THIS IS THE SAME TYPE OF PIPE THAT THE GAS CO. INSTALLS UNDERGROUND FOR THEIR GAS MAINS. AS FAR AS CODES GO IN LOS ANGELES, THE PIPE NEEDS TO BE BURIED 18'' DEEP. IT ALSO NEEDS A COPPER TRACER WIRE. THE PIPE IS RELATIVLY INEXPENSIVE. THE TRANSITION FITTINGS ARE COSTLY. THE COST FOR MATERIALS ARE UNDER $300. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A BACKHOE TO DIG THE POOL THEN THE PIPE INSTALLATION CAN BE INCORPORATED INTO THE JOB AT THE SAME TIME. THE LARGE COST IS HEATING THE POOL FOR THE SEASON. CHECK INTO SOLAR. THIS IS ACTUALLY A SYSTEM THAT WILL PAY BACK IN ONLY A FEW YEARS. STILL A WISE IDEA TO INSTALL A GAS LINE EVEN IF YOU HOLD OFF ON A HEATER FOR THE TIME BEING.

Comment

I agree with Rick. Since the excavator is already there he should have all the proper digging permits. Make sure you have all of your property marked for existing utilities before digging. Not knowing your budget you might want to hold off for a season before springing for a heater. But installing the gas line now is the best time to do it. It will be a selling feature should you ever put it on the market.
      Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Working...
      X