Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your diagnosis quiz

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
    Does the homeowner have a french drain for their wash machine?
    Answer: No.

I realize i had quite a bit of advantage over everyone on the forum since I had been to this home many times over the years. So, there are obviously a lot of questions i wouldn't have asked since I already knew the answers.

But, frankly, if any homeowner had discribed to me what this one did over the phone I think I would have asked the last question which no one has mentioned yet. (Uh, and maybe with hindsight, one more to clinch the diagnosis.)
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe he was lucky like Jed Clampett and struck OIL in them there hills
      ________
      VAPOR GENIE
      Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:50 PM.
      Mike

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, whay do you mean by aereate the yard, ? a yard where i come from would be concrete.is it a lawn and was using a tined thing that you stand on and push into the lawn?

Comment

Originally posted by libbyloulou View Post
          Excuse my ignorance, whay do you mean by aereate the yard, ? a yard where i come from would be concrete.is it a lawn and was using a tined thing that you stand on and push into the lawn?
          Yes your right. But here we like to drink a pint when doing lawn care so we tow the tined thing behind a riding mower so we have a free hand for the pint
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Now that's sounds more my type of work

Comment

Come on with it already man. Your driving me freaking NUTS with this.

Did you ask if hes checked the basement or under the home?
              Could someone actually not notice sewer water flowing out from under and down the hill???
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

gone over your post umteen times, and cannot sort it, the bloke has obviously disturbed something, or punctured something, i think?

So, cmon'e tell the answer,gotta go to bed

EDIT.....Did he have is glasses on?

Comment

Bump in the ground, root the size of a broomstick, aerated lawn, Hmmmmm.

sewer smell, water emulating from surface. repeat customer,Hmmmmmm.

My last stab at it is he buried one of his clients in a shallow grave( after screwing him or her out of their life savings) that accounts for the bump,....

High ground water, neighbors complaining about a foul smell from the property thats why he aerated his lawn. as to the root it's made up (no root) your screwing with us...

I give up on this thread.
                  Never give up on your dreams..

dreams are what make us forge ahead.

Comment

The only thing that irritates me is that Slim acts like it's the first thing we should think of. And I think we've seen enough things to know what the first thing to think of would be. I've seen sewer line breaks, pump line breaks, old abandoned septic systems break out, struck gas lines, graywater systems, french drains etc.

So I am interested to see what we all should have first thought of based on the information given. And it better be good.

Comment

I think your on to something Rooter, but it's a dog not a human.
                      Client seeks advice of Lawyer in regards to leaving $500,000 to care for beloved fluffy in last will and testament.
                      Lawyer says "TRUST ME" I have a large sloping front yard with plenty of water.

Comment

Oops. Didn't mean to yank on anyone's chain. I'll skip the hint and go right to the answer.
                        The question I should of asked 3rd was
                        Does it smell like sour milk?
                        (He equated it with a sewer smell)
                        Next question, do you have a River Birch tree in your yard?

He had cut a river birch root. They will leak like a busted pipe and smell like sour milk.

I'm going to go hang myself now to save ya'll the trouble.
                        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Since I cut so much River Burch down, I should have known that one.
                          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                            Since I cut so much River Burch down, I should have known that one.
                            You too huh? I cut 5 River Birch down today with the k60.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Thats not fair. I live in Maine. Our trees smell good, not like A$$.

Good quiz though. Got us thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X