MedGas Licensing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MedGas Licensing?

Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 03-10-2010, 05:39 PM.

Re: MedGas Licensing?

I would look on the net I know there are a few site with info. If you are a union plumber you local can help you I know they do here in NY. What I know about it is it's a 2 part test a writen test and a Brazing test. The joint MUST have 100% penetration to pass the joints are on 1 1/2" pipe on a coupling. One is on a 6G position and the other is a horizontal position. hope this helps

Comment

I have a Med Gas card. Here it is an expensive licence to carry (Washington). braze test every six months 20.00 and licence fee is 120.00 a year. There isn't much call for the licence and wouldn't expect to get called out of the hall for it. Most companies have their "guys" do it even if they don't have a card. That said I took a six week class on Saturdays and and written and braze test that is mailed in and exrayed. I have used my card on one job in three years. Some states like Idaho only make you take a braze test and not a written. Cali is easy to get also.

Comment

Went to 2 weeks out of 6 when I was union, the amount of content/study made my brain hurt.....bailed.

I'm glad I did because I'll probably never run med gas for any reason, would of been a non-used license I would of stopped renewing.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I forgot that a written test required every three years also.

Comment

I think its all about the company you work for I know the Company I work for seams to do a lot of work for Hospitals and medical offices. So for are guys its worth it plus one of the forman are a trainer for it. I talked with a few of the plumbers about it and there into it. I know you can end up with some nice OT doing shut downs and tie ins. They way I fell about it if they will pay do it. I have more cards that I never use but when the times comes BAM it there and you got the edge over the other guy.

Comment

I think if your working for an open shop it gives you an edge and you can get a premium wage.

Comment

check IAPMO,

they school and test you for certification.Then out here we have to prove application of skills every six mo's to maintain.

Compliments of UTAH

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  check IAPMO,

they school and test you for certification.Then out here we have to prove application of skills every six mo's to maintain.

Compliments of UTAH
                  in chicago it is fitters work

Comment

Here it is Plumbers work but fitters can do it also.

Comment

IAPMO doesn't apply, athough it is in our book, It is under NFPA.

Comment

Working...
                      X