X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Trade Shows

Was wondering if there is somewhere I could find a list of trade shows. We are interested in buying a new cam system and would like the opportunity to see all the different options available. I am in Michigan, I believe there is an annual show around here (Mt. Pleasant, MI last year if I remember correctly). I'd love to attend one of the national shows but not sure its within the budget at this time unless its not too far from me. Perhaps a Ridgid rep could let me know whats upcoming and/or where to find a listing of 2008 shows.

Thanks for any help,

JSP

Re: Upcoming Trade Shows

Actually if you click the TeamRidgid, there is a spot in there for Trade Shows.
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
      Actually if you click the TeamRidgid, there is a spot in there for Trade Shows.
      Those always seem to be Home Depot events. I would suggest checking with local PHCC or trade organization.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by youngsplumbing View Post
        Was wondering if there is somewhere I could find a list of trade shows. We are interested in buying a new cam system and would like the opportunity to see all the different options available. I am in Michigan, I believe there is an annual show around here (Mt. Pleasant, MI last year if I remember correctly). I'd love to attend one of the national shows but not sure its within the budget at this time unless its not too far from me. Perhaps a Ridgid rep could let me know whats upcoming and/or where to find a listing of 2008 shows.

Thanks for any help,

JSP
        Where are you in Michigan?
        Pete
        Drain Biz
        Articles, Videos, Industry News

Comment

You just missed to pumper show. Must have been 50 different camera systems there to choose from. Check out the Spartan. I think it was my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete M View Post
            Where are you in Michigan?
            Metro Detroit area

Comment

Originally posted by MPMGinAL View Post
              You just missed to pumper show. Must have been 50 different camera systems there to choose from. Check out the Spartan. I think it was my favorite.
              Spartan makes our current camera system that we want to get out of. I read another post here describing the Spartan cams and would have to concur
              http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=24

We also found Spartans customer service to be very poor. We used to have a local Spartan rep stop in and we would buy direct from him, since a new rep was assigned to our are I have only seen our rep once (in about 3 years) because I called him and asked him to stop by and introduce himself. We have had multiple problems with our Spartan cam and getting it serviced always seems to be a problem. We have taken it to a local Spartan dealer/authorized service center and they told us that Spartan would not send them the necessary schematics needed for repair so finally they shipped it to Spartan for repair. This resulted in very slow service and problems with shipping (on their part) leaving us without a camera for 8 weeks. We spent over $10k with Spartan between cam equipment and drain cleaning machines about in the last couple of years and feel we deserve better customer service but it's just not there.

I could go on but lets leave it at that...I'd just rather not deal with Spartan

So the search goes on for decent equipment coupled with product support/customer service. We do have some Ridgid equipment and so far we have been satisfied, this board is a great support tool for guys like us to have discussions whether it be about Ridgid tools or other brands or topics...glad I found it.

JSP

Comment

Originally posted by youngsplumbing View Post
                Metro Detroit area
                You can look at Ridgid cameras at Giant Plumbing on 8 Mile Rd. Jack Doheny's carries the Gen-eye and I belive Insight. They also repair what they sell, offer loaners and rent cameras if you're in a pinch. Once in a while you can also get a great deal on a mid-size jetter that was traded-in.
                Pete
                Drain Biz
                Articles, Videos, Industry News

Comment

Working...
                X