root ranger report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• root ranger report

got to use our root ranger today and was very impressed, had about 250 feet of 6 inch terra-cotta pipe running behind and along the side of an apartment building, access behind units to tight to get any excavating equipment, and on sides two very large trees. as you can imagine there were all kind of root intrusions some blocking as much as 3\4 of the id of the pipe, between the k1500 and the jetter we were able to remove about 98% of all root growth as well as with our camera inspection see and locate cracks at hubs and get this at one point we saw a 2 pvc line penetrating to far into the 6" we traced it to a kitchen sink line so we hand dug done about 18" to pull it back and not restrict the flow at first we thought someone used a sewer saddle to make the connection but to our amazement a hammer tap was made and they used a steel roof flashing to make the connection, just when you thought youd seen it all, anyways thumbs up on the root ranger.
    Last edited by aero1; 03-26-2008, 07:27 PM.

Re: root ranger report

does it spin like the warthog?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

no it has a ceramic type cartridge that shoots out a very wicked rear spray, we had 10 feet of leader hose in the sewer when we kicked it on sounded like a jet engine and we got some serious spray back very impressed.

Comment

So the part of the hose directly underneath the nozzle blocks the spray? If so, does this hinder performance? How well does it pull the hose in the line?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Please show a picture

Comment

the unit is offset so hose does not hinder at all pulls great,sorry no pictures iam not that advanced, but if you go to the ridgid products part of the website you can view a picture or this baby, its a heavy head well built, the only thing i would like to see as long as it would not reduce its power would be a forward jet, but you cant have everything.

Comment

Here is a link

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Root-Ranger-3000/

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

thanks for doing that,ive yet to learn how to post links.

Comment

How much $$$ is A Root Ranger?
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Cheers Utah, does the 3000 part of it mean 3000psi? thanks, bit of a thicko, still learning (off you lads, all appreciated), what type of price, or are available in/to the u.k., taxes etc, got stung once buying from the u.s.

Comment

yes 3000psi we paid 325$ for it.

Comment

Thanks aero, i take it you feel that price was justified?

Comment

yes very much so it packed one heck of a punch. great tool to have in your jetter tool bag of tricks.

Comment

Robert has a root ranger with his jetter if he would just come pick it up.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

the root ranger is a 0 degree oscillating nozzle. it will cover approx. a 15 degree radius while still shooting from a 0 degree nozzle.

i would like to see how well it will penetrate a true stoppage. remember the rear jet will not cut anything ahead of the rear outlet.

i know from my pressure cleaner oscillating nozzle, it is a heck of a cleaner. you get good power and good pull.

what i would like to see at the roundup is a real demo of this nozzle.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X