Sunday Clean-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Clean-up

As a one man operation I find that during the week( Mon-Sat) it is all I can do to keep up with the work... Sunday is my cleaning and equipment maintenance day. How do you guys find the time to keep everything clean and do your cable maintenance and have a life...

I thought I would post this instead of getting into the flat rate discussion

My new K-39AF is burried in that mess. ( Maybe I should have made this a can you find it in this picture post)

AFTER

Re: Sunday Clean-up

I clean mine out when I start noticing its harder to find something then to do the job.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

It gets a deep clean once a month, sweep it out etc. wash it once a week, usually sundays unless it is going to rain.

I have a place for everything, and when the job is done, it gets put away before I leave the customers house.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

I had to clean it... Easter really messed up my cleaning.

I fell out of the back of it at a customers house yesterday caught my foot on some PEX.

Customer looked at me like that is what you get for keeping such a messy truck.

Customer was right

I spent more time last week rooting for tools and parts, it was a pain in the A$$ that I don't want to repeat...

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          I clean mine out when I start noticing its harder to find something then to do the job.
          Gawd, I hate that.
          I'm that way too, between racing to the supplier before they close, running home to make calls, organizing checks/receipts and all those other little things we have to do, I have that tendancy too.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            Gawd, I hate that.
            I'm that way too, between racing to the supplier before they close, running home to make calls, organizing checks/receipts and all those other little things we have to do, I have that tendancy too.
            I'm better in summer, but in winter when its 28 degrees and its the last job of the day and I'm wet, cold and, hungry everything just gets thrown where ever it fits.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              I'm better in summer, but in winter when its 28 degrees and its the last job of the day and I'm wet, cold and, hungry everything just gets thrown where ever it fits.

Hear you there Gene.... Unless you have the luxury of a heated garage.... not me...
              Never give up on your dreams..

dreams are what make us forge ahead.

Comment

OkieBill,Good looking end results.-------------Kenneth.
                Kenneth Collier
                Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                Jackson, MS 39206
                (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

i have bin on a couple jobs that run 2 to 4 months and i have a problem with the other guys not keeping the job box clean and i hate it when they do that .
                  i spent 6 hr out in my truck today because im going to start another job this week and had to put all my stuff in the truck late fri and it was a mess .

i hate it when i cant find some thing so i keep after it and we take the trucks home and we must keep the out side of clean [ and its white ] even when they are calling for rain this week .
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Half of the stuff ended up in my garage.... Wait until my wife see's it ( It looks like a PEX / gastite / B-Vent tornado went through)

I really need to go and get a storage unit until I can afford to have a small shop.

Comment

How do you guys find the time to keep everything clean and do your cable maintenance and have a life...

A life? What's that?
                      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

That looks like my trailer after today....lol...
                        The before pic that is
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          Half of the stuff ended up in my garage.... Wait until my wife see's it ( It looks like a PEX / gastite / B-Vent tornado went through)

I really need to go and get a storage unit until I can afford to have a small shop.

Same here, luckily I have a short wife, she slides right under the soft copper and TracPipe rolls hanging on the walls

Me on the other hand, hit my head everyday.

She is happy as long as the vehicles get put back in. I have stuff all over the place, packed tightly because if it was a mess, I wouldn't have any room.
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post

I have a bad habit of building sheds each spring (gets me out of yard work for a week). I've got 3 so far. Not sure if I'll build another or an addition to the sharn (too big to be a shed too small to be a barn). It started as a 10'X10' shed and some how grew as I was building it. Now it's 600 sqf with two floors. I couldn't build a door to save my life then but thanks to this forum I found a way on my last shed.
                            Kind of long winded but anyway, it's cheaper then a storage unit in the long run.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm getting the organizing process down to 1-2 hours 2-3 times a week.If I don't I can't get into the garage through the thousands of fittings for the full arsenal of stocked pipe for various commercial and residential jobs.hundreds of tools,misc.machines and so forth.

I gotta stop going to the swap meet with Rick!!!

And I'm getting tired of moving the 1/2 full box of .131 short gun nails and roofing felt from the last remodel project someone needed help on.One more time and it's to the trash bin.

There comes a time when it costs too much to be too messy.You should've seen me ten years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X