best way to pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to pay

we have run the gauntlet, started of paying salary but the common mind set is look what iam making the company verses look what there paying me, so we added commission break points worked great for a while then that plateaued out, our constuction people are paid hourly but we can easily monitor what they do and how much they do and whose riding the clock, but for our service techs we went straight commission so far so good, but management sets the prices which wasnt easy because flat rate can turn into flate rape real quick and ruin a companys reputation. so how do you all feel the best way to pay an employee is .
    Last edited by aero1; 03-31-2008, 07:09 PM.

Re: best way to pay

This is from the employee's end.

You better be paying me hourly.

If your slow, and your paying me commission, why should I suffer?

It seems to me that if a plumber is on commission, he's gonna be looking for more ways to bend the customer over, which is bad on your name.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself. I would add that merit or incentive pay would also be a good idea.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

All of our "field" employees are paid hourly (with the exception of on-site project managers) and it seems to work well. They are given a very good bonus at the end of year (at least the ones who deserve it are given the bonus). However if you dont get a large bonus, you might better be looking for a new job because your time is limited.

Regards,

Comment

Everyone gets paid hourly cept me, I just skim off the top
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X