Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stuff you've done and charged for, but probably should'nt have

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    No water call. Mobile home. disgusting fat pig with a nasty attitude. Her cat sleeps on the water heater and somehow shut the ball valve off. Turned valve back on. 5 minute call, 110 Bucks.

Did the bill break down like this(in your head, but not on paper).......

TURN VALVE BACK ON................................................ ...............$5.00
    HAVING TO ENDURE DISGUSTING CUSTOMER................................$95.00
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

So you tell them theres no charge but you charge them the next time you work for them? Why not just charge them something instead of trying to scam or con them? You sound like you may end up on the local news channel's sting operation one day.[/quote]

I thought the name of this thread was "Why your going to hell".
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I guess you're right.

Comment

Hmmmm i couldnt do that, but ive done plenty of work that i didnt charge for that i shouldve
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

some times I don't charge for the add-on`s knowing I should. They will always expect it free if you don't
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I have a soft spot for the elderly. They get me everytime

Rick will tell you
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

When I've asked politely to put the dog up or away so I don't have to have my eardrums hurting constantly from the dog's loud and sometimes violent barking, including hearing the homeowner repeating "Quiet Cracker" "Cracker, please be quiet" "Cracker, be quiet!" which offers no help whatsoever,

I charge a dollar per dog bark which is added to the bill. It's rude for them not to put the dog away and it's rude to think that having to yell at the customer for them to hear over a barking dog is nonsense.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post

Rick will tell you

no soft spots at the round up greg
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

I have been known to add the Bitc* Tax to a few customers invoices.

luckily, I only have had a couple, no matter how nice I am, they are just plain stuck up and rude.
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

i used to do the "no charge just call me next time" until i drove by 2 weeks later and some other plumbers there now everyone pays for my time. if i feel guilty about i go to the mall and buy my daughters something with the money
                      Mike
                      Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                      www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                        When I've asked politely to put the dog up or away so I don't have to have my eardrums hurting constantly from the dog's loud and sometimes violent barking, including hearing the homeowner repeating "Quiet Cracker" "Cracker, please be quiet" "Cracker, be quiet!" which offers no help whatsoever,

I charge a dollar per dog bark which is added to the bill. It's rude for them not to put the dog away and it's rude to think that having to yell at the customer for them to hear over a barking dog is nonsense.
                        I was on the phone to the shop one night talking to me girlfriend telling her what I was doing and when I would be home and the dog next door to where I was working kept barking (little Dog) so I grabbed a hand full of crap and Flung it in it`s face I fell over LMAO and couldn't believe I did it ....rotflmao
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post

Rick will tell you
                          not sure, or did i miss something

there are plenty of calls i do that there is no charge or i'll catch you later.

even more calls that are under $50.00.

maybe that's why i'm busy and don't need to advertise

today a did a major sewer ejector for a guy i met yesterday to give an estimate to.

i was refereed to him by another customer.

i called to let him know i was on the way and he said door already unlocked and call him when i'm done.

24 hours earlier i was a complete stranger. today i had run of his 5 million dollar house.

point is, if you make a good impression and come as a referral, there's no reason why a stranger shouldn't trust you.

he showed up at 4:45 to look at the job and write me a check. so it's a 2 way trust

i always feel more comfortable knowing i did a favor than owing a favor

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            not sure, or did i miss something

there are plenty of calls i do that there is no charge or i'll catch you later.

even more calls that are under $50.00.

maybe that's why i'm busy and don't need to advertise

today a did a major sewer ejector for a guy i met yesterday to give an estimate to.

i was refereed to him by another customer.

i called to let him know i was on the way and he said door already unlocked and call him when i'm done.

24 hours earlier i was a complete stranger. today i had run of his 5 million dollar house.

point is, if you make a good impression and come as a referral, there's no reason why a stranger shouldn't trust you.

he showed up at 4:45 to look at the job and write me a check. so it's a 2 way trust

i always feel more comfortable knowing i did a favor than owing a favor

rick.

Just messin with you..........again

Comment

By charging nothing after you have driven there and spent gas(3.25 to 4.60gal for diesel) wear and tear on truck, tools, maybe even booties and invoice so you can track your time; you are not charging nothing rather robbing from your overhead account. Which either steals from your families mouth or from your previous paying customers who overpaid so you could maintenance someone else's house This does not even take into account opportunity cost of the time spent being lost. Math is finite one hour at $100 and one at $0 averages to $50 big difference. If you want to be fair figure your fuel charge, wear and tear, and overhead benefit time and make that your base trip charge and if you feel you must give something away negate your oppurtunity cost figuring that time you would have goofed off anyway.

Comment

I don't know about this one and I'm undecided as I haven't billed this repeat customer yet.

10' of 2"-L copper.What is it $10.00 a foot? Customer needs 16" of it to offset the flanges on his new 2 H/P 65 GPM hot water recirculating pump for his hotel.

I think I'm going to charge him,letting him know when he needs more he has credit for ten feet.

Still doesn't feel good.But I don't have the room to stock all this cr@p.I can barely get into the garage as it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X