Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Stuff you've done and charged for, but probably should'nt have Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff you've done and charged for, but probably should'nt have

I'll let you guys start
    sigpic

Re: Stuff you've done and charged for, but probably should'nt have

installed a new hose bib for a lady. she called a few days later said it had no water pressure.

Showed up and found the hose was kinked. Charged her for my time but maybe shouldn't have

Comment

Charged for a service call to push the reset button on a disposal. They just had to have us there that day and husband claimed he already pushed it.
      We had an appt two streets over for the next day. If they would have waited I wouldn't have charged them. His wife was not impressed.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Long time ago, I charged a customer for a new compresser when in fact the problem was faulty wiring causing and intermintent short. Should this thread be renamed "why you're going to hell"?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

No water call. Mobile home. disgusting fat pig with a nasty attitude. Her cat sleeps on the water heater and somehow shut the ball valve off. Turned valve back on. 5 minute call, 110 Bucks.
          sigpic

Comment

customer called no water at tap. told him to take out aerator he said he would rather have me come so 30 seconds and 125 bucks later he had water

Comment

Originally posted by rombo View Post
              customer called no water at tap. told him to take out aerator he said he would rather have me come so 30 seconds and 125 bucks later he had water
              Nothing wrong with charging for that...you gave him an option!
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I'm the opposite...I usually DON"T charge people for stuff and then look back and think, "Damn, I should have charged for my time, even if all I did was turn on a valve or whatever."
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I had to drive 'way out in the country once to figure out why the guy had put a new faucet in and couldn't get any hot water.

It was the braided supply - he'd kinked it internally. I just loosened up a nut and twisted it a little and presto! there was water. I had to charge for the trip out there.

I used to do things like adjusting a float in a toilet or changing an aerator for free, until I had a day when that's all I did and had nothing to show for the entire day. Then I initiated a minimum charge.

Comment

O.K ,, So what is a decent charge for something like that ?

I do something small , then I'll say ," No Charge but please call me next time and refer me to your friends ,please "

Seems to work out ,,, yet I'm starting to think a 1/2 a service call or maybe as little as $35 -50 bucks might be a better idea .

Thoughts ??

CP

Comment

I agree with Gear Junkie on renaming the thread.

I figure everything they call me out for is chargeable. Somethings are better left unsaid.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

If you call me out, your gonna pay a service call as my gas and time is not free. I plunger W/C`s all the time and tell em it`s just a service call price.

I`ve always felt bad, but they could by a plunger
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                          If you call me out, your gonna pay a service call as my gas and time is not free. I plunger W/C`s all the time and tell em it`s just a service call price.

I`ve always felt bad, but they could by a plunger
                          I totally agree. Gas and time aren't free. A minimum service/trip charge is needed.
                          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Sure, but sometimes you're working next door or on the same street anyway. From what I've read, most of the plumbers on this forum have a large devoted clientel. I often say, no charge, just for the obvious goodwill, but I make sure to add the time into the next service call I make for them.

But, since that's not the name of this thread... I had a customer call me out because his new tankless water heater was making a constant beeping noise-it was located in the closet in the master bathroom. It was his ALARM CLOCK on his nightstand beside his bed!.
                            (In fact, this was the same guy with the smelly river birch roots in his front yard!!!)
                            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

[quote=SlimTim;133935]Sure, but sometimes you're working next door or on the same street anyway. From what I've read, most of the plumbers on this forum have a large devoted clientel. I often say, no charge, just for the obvious goodwill, but I make sure to add the time into the next service call I make for them.

So you tell them theres no charge but you charge them the next time you work for them? Why not just charge them something instead of trying to scam or con them? You sound like you may end up on the local news channel's sting operation one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X