Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water heater pics

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Water heater pics

    This is for a 35 gal electric w/h. The 2 fpt stubouts are for thermometer but waiting on the thermometer wells. I do know the soldering sucks and I'll leave it at that. Tell me what you think, be honest.
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

  • #2
    Re: Water heater pics

    Is the valve going to the expansion tank the style with the built in relief valve? It does not appear to be.

    If not, that valve is just a waste of money.

    Is that a mixing valve it looks like?! Can you explain why thats there? Sorta confused by that.
    Last edited by Aaron91; 04-08-2008, 08:34 PM.
    Proud To Be Union!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Water heater pics

      It looks good ben, I like the idea of the ball valve installed just for the expansion tank, this also helps for isolation purposes.

      I have a silly question, is this residential?

      why the mixing valve, the thermometers?? how hot do you expect a 30 gallon electric to get???
      sigpic

      Robert

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Water heater pics

        gear not bad, curious though wouldnt you need some check valves to eliminate any potential for crossover?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Water heater pics

          Originally posted by aero1 View Post
          gear not bad, curious though wouldnt you need some check valves to eliminate any potential for crossover?
          Mixing valves don't need checkvalves...I think?
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Water heater pics

            Is a shutoff legal for TXT?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Water heater pics

              Wait a minute, I follow the National Standard Plumbing Code and it's ill-legal to have a valve in between the water heater and the expansion tank. Due to the fact that someone could just shut off the valve, making the expansion tank pointless/useless.
              Proud To Be Union!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Water heater pics

                Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                Wait a minute, I follow the National Standard Plumbing Code and it's ill-legal to have a valve in between the water heater and the expansion tank. Due to the fact that someone could just shut off the valve, making the expansion tank pointless/useless.
                Didn't think so. But I've learned much from GJ so I thought I'd give benefit of the doubt.

                J.C.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Water heater pics

                  Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                  Wait a minute, I follow the National Standard Plumbing Code and it's ill-legal to have a valve in between the water heater and the expansion tank. Due to the fact that someone could just shut off the valve, making the expansion tank pointless/useless.
                  You are RIGHT! Wow, this young apprentice is smart. I bet You'll have you license at a very young age!
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Water heater pics

                    and for the uninitiated amateur in the room, what is the purpose of the apparent connection of hot to cold behind the expansion tank.
                    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Water heater pics

                      Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      You are RIGHT! Wow, this young apprentice is smart. I bet You'll have you license at a very young age!
                      Thanks boss.

                      JC, I gotcha back dawg.

                      Ben, didn't I tell you to write that down at the gathering?
                      Proud To Be Union!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Water heater pics

                        Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                        Is the valve going to the expansion tank the style with the built in relief valve? It does not appear to be.

                        If not, that valve is just a waste of money.

                        Is that a mixing valve it looks like?! Can you explain why thats there? Sorta confused by that.
                        valves are never a waste of money ,it will make changing the tank a lot easier if it is bad .and you have a relief on the heater

                        Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        Is a shutoff legal for TXT?
                        if it is i take the handle off and the inspector will pass it

                        ben good job but your stubs for the thermometer's look a little far from the flow of water to get a good temp reading
                        Charlie

                        My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


                        http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

                        new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Water heater pics

                          Charlie, I agree and dis agree with your statement. In this instance, the valve is ill-legal.
                          Proud To Be Union!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Water heater pics

                            dont you need unions on your heaters?
                            Mike
                            Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                            www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Water heater pics

                              Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                              and for the uninitiated amateur in the room, what is the purpose of the apparent connection of hot to cold behind the expansion tank.

                              thats a thermostatic control valve, or a mixer, it maintains a certain water temp, making sure the water doles not get to hot

                              my question is, why all the temp control on an electric water heater?? a 30 gallon, what appears to be a residential

                              boilers or commercial water heaters, yes....

                              help me on this one.....
                              sigpic

                              Robert

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X