X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lead tools

i remeber a couple weeks back someone was looking for some lead tools,inside irons, outside irons etc. and i noticed some on ebay tonite
    http://cgi.ebay.com/70-OLD-ANTIQUE-V...QQcmdZViewItem

or i may be willing to part with some of mine, pm me with what you need we can work something out

on another thought how many of you guys pick up tools on ebay? Most of my more expensive tools i dont use everyday come from there and so far so good, snappers, k-40, super vee, larger tubing cutters, my k-700. and oohh i just picked up that dewalt cordless impact driver it is sweettttt!

Re: lead tools

I may hit you up.
    Got any ropes 2",3"or 4"

Bring-em to the roundup when you come

Comment

Man,looking at all of those various irons.Lot of skill and knowledge to know how to use them.It would be worth it to me to spend the day passing the time with an old pro that could use em all.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
        i remeber a couple weeks back someone was looking for some lead tools,inside irons, outside irons etc. and i noticed some on ebay tonite
        http://cgi.ebay.com/70-OLD-ANTIQUE-V...QQcmdZViewItem

or i may be willing to part with some of mine, pm me with what you need we can work something out

on another thought how many of you guys pick up tools on ebay? Most of my more expensive tools i dont use everyday come from there and so far so good, snappers, k-40, super vee, larger tubing cutters, my k-700. and oohh i just picked up that dewalt cordless impact driver it is sweettttt!
        Wanna guess who bought them.?
        sigpic

Comment

that is one hell of a good price right now 4.99 i hope you do win them!

Comment

I was thinking of turning my basement into an old plumbing museum.

These would be great! I could make 3D art or maybe wind chimes or a funky lamp base

With 70 pieces the possibilities are endless......

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
              that is one hell of a good price right now 4.99 i hope you do win them!
              sotry, my bad. I bid on and won another set on monday. It did'nt have as may irons but it did have two ropes and all the basic irons, 11 if I remember right. This looks like a good set though.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                sotry, my bad. I bid on and won another set on monday. It did'nt have as may irons but it did have two ropes and all the basic irons, 11 if I remember right. This looks like a good set though.
                Gettin a lot of calls to pack lead joints up there in NH?
                Last edited by plumberscrack; 04-10-2008, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I am a 3rd generation plumber. I apprenticed under the watchful eye of my grandfather... think old school .... very very old school... and i thank god for that everyday many of the things i have learned and forgotten mind you would not have been available to me today had i not learned from him and many of my tools are OLD.. passed down from him i wrenches up the gallor, old stillsons, williams, some wooden handled wrenches lead pots an old ridgid "armstrong" style 6" threader with a geared head things i have sitting in the back of my garage that i may never even use from him, but everytime i clean up a get "lost." most of this stuff i will hold onto forever. I dont know if anyone else here learned plumbing the way i did and are fortunate enough to have learned from a family member that means so much to you. Thanks pop, i really do appreciate everything you taught me

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Gettin a lot of call to pack lead joints up there in NH?
                    Hell no, 3 classes, 45 students and lead joints are part of the state required competencies for apprentice plumbers.
                    sigpic

Comment

3rd generation plumber, in michigan for my journey lisc. we were the last class that not only had to wipe a straight joint but we had to build and wipe a wye tap bore the lead form it use your drift plugs, talk about stress you knew if you burned the joint or if the branch off your wye sat to deep into your srtaight piece you failed. then you had to endure even more stress when you turned it in and they stamped your number into the ball of the straight joint if it broke apart you were done. looking back 20+ years ago what a privilege it was to take part in that, and now i reside in south carolina and every once in a while i pull out the old running rope to pour a joint and everyone rushes over to see. man those old timers were good no great!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        Gettin a lot of calls to pack lead joints up there in NH?
                        I can't speak for NH, but here they're very common, especially on closet flanges.
                        On commercial it's pretty much exclusively lead/oakum...excluding copper DWV for sink/lav arms.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          Hell no, 3 classes, 45 students and lead joints are part of the state required competencies for apprentice plumbers.
                          You guys teach cold pour?

Comment

Working...
                          X