Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: does this tool work

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    If the torch method works than who ever prepped the joint in the first place did a real crappy job. A properly prepared solvent joint will not come apart after the glue sets.
    Good point I will quit useing this method since it should not work!

I will also quit plumbing because I have had to take apart my own work with a torch and since it did come apart I must not know how to assemble PVC properly. Now I'm off to make my fortune as a male stripper.

I've been out of the loop for a while is 42 years old with a lot of back hair considered sexy?

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
      Good point I will quit useing this method since it should not work!

I will also quit plumbing because I have had to take apart my own work with a torch and since it did come apart I must not know how to assemble PVC properly. Now I'm off to make my fortune as a male stripper.

I've been out of the loop for a while is 42 years old with a lot of back hair considered sexy?
      Wow, did someone have too much estrogen in their cereal this morning? This was a joke for those ultra sensitive types.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I use mine all the time. works great.
        ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Because I teach plumbing now, I have the time to play around with things. It gives me clarity and the students practice. So we glued up some pvc. Some joints were done by the book. Cleaned, primed, wiped, glued and wiped again. Others were primed and glued and we also used both clear and purple primer. All joints were let set for the same times. Some 15 minuts and some over night.

Results:

All 15 minute joints will come apart with heat.
          Of the over night joints. Only the purple primed, non wiped joints came apart.
          All non primed joints came apart requardless of set time.

Practice does'nt always make perfect. Sometimes it makes permenant,
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X