What do we make?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do we make?

I have worked for a national brand for 6 years. Commision all the way except for special projects. Their comm schedule starts at 21% and goes to 29% and add 1% for 5 years and 2% for license and 1% for training. So I would top out at 32%. But 32% of no calls is $0.00 paycheck. The last 2 years I worked for them I grossed $73k. Now I'm starting my own company and I will keep 100% after parts. I should atleast turn that 73 to a 173.

I'm going for that new rolls.
    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Do you work commision on a set price?

Comment

My hourly works out to between 3 and 4 times what I could comfortably live on working for a shop 40 hours with bennies, add mat'l markup and I get by.

I use my own flat rates based on what I need to make vs avg hours worked per week minus overhead, advertizing, liability & the works.

AS far as what that works out to, nope...ain't gonna say it.
        I'll hint by saying my take is between $5 & $500 per hour after deductions.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
          I have worked for a national brand for 6 years. Commision all the way except for special projects. Their comm schedule starts at 21% and goes to 29% and add 1% for 5 years and 2% for license and 1% for training. So I would top out at 32%. But 32% of no calls is $0.00 paycheck. The last 2 years I worked for them I grossed $73k. Now I'm starting my own company and I will keep 100% after parts. I should atleast turn that 73 to a 173.

I'm going for that new rolls.
          Dam straight, sounds like you were an employee without bennies....barely flying under IRS guidelines as a sub.
          Just make absolutely sure you have a reliable marketing plan.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            A few years back I was making so much money that I used to wipe my butt with 100 dollar bills. Now I make so much I pay someone to wipe my but with 100 dollar bills.

Now if you will all excuse me the ash trays on the Rolls are full so I'm off to trade it in.
            The bull sh*t certainly flies on this forum.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post

Tony
              watch it there fella, remember I'm filty rich, I put the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe on you.
              Again, my apologies but the Butler has just brought my afternoon tea. Ta Ta....
              sigpic

Comment

Wait a minute you guys get paid for what you do? I've been doing this stuff just for the fun of it.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  watch it there fella, remember I'm filty rich, I put the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe on you.
                  Again, my apologies but the Butler has just brought my afternoon tea. Ta Ta....
                  Mr. I. Fleesum is my rep.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                    Mr. I. Fleesum is my rep.
                    im represented by Ben Dover & Takeit
                    Mike
                    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post

Tony
                      This is a plumbing forum, I don't think there are any bulls here, but plenty of chit flyin round. I gots one of them Rolls too, as long as I push, it rolls!!!!
                      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

what do i make, sometimes a mess sometime not, but if i make it home each night as healthy as when i left but a bit more tired, and come home to my wife and our animals, then that makes me a very lucky and wealthy man.

Comment

My dad made $129000 last year and he barely works weekends and only 9 hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisOldPlumbersSon View Post
                            My dad made $129000 last year and he barely works weekends and only 9 hours a day.

Your dad is a hack

My equipment is worth more then $129,000
                            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I spent 129 grand on buffalo wings and beer last month. 129 grand won't even pay the taxes on my chalet in colorado.
                              Once again it you will excuse me gentlemen, my Gulfstream 4 is waiting to fly me off the Paris for lunch.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThisOldPlumbersSon View Post
                                You got mental problems and I hope you're the same person. Otherwise that means you've spread your genes and dumbed down the human race. So much for evolution, I guess some slip through the cracks.
                                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X