IPC vs. NSPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPC vs. NSPC

Other than the local adoptions, what are (if any) some differences between the two codes?
    Proud To Be Union!!

Re: IPC vs. NSPC

One is written/published by the International Code Council while the other is written/published by Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

So there's no major code differences your saying?

Example- Let's say NSPC says one strap per x feet of pipe, is IPC code going to state the same distance?
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Aaron they will be similar but they are written by two separate groups. It just like the IPC and UPC are similar but totally different at the same time.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

National Plumbing Code enforces provisions that bases the mininum requirement by the maximum load factor.

It seems that any codes outside of this logical thinking is far less of a standard.

I like the fact my state along with a select few others like Maryland go by the strictest plumbing codes in the United States.

I'd rather know and work the toughest.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Unless there's a specific code you're looking for, it's best to obtain a copy of the ipc and compare yourself. The differences would be far to much to list. The wording for both do sound very similar. I'm ipc land so let me know if you have a specific question on ipc.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben I own both, and I'm currently reading the NSPC, and when I'm done that I'll start reading the IPC.

I was just curious if there was any major differences.

Learn to answer your phone too.
              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Aaron91, try this link...

http://books.google.com/books?id=0Jz...RbjES-LLwHTzic

This should help answer your questions. The NSPC is only used in NJ and a few counties in Maryland ( from what I read) so info on the differences is kinda tuff to come by.

Comment

Hmmmmm not as much NSPC info as I had hoped for in that link Aaron91... I will do a bit more looking for ya.

NSPC= Not So Popular Code
                  Last edited by OkieBill; 04-12-2008, 10:40 PM. Reason: no good info available online and all I have is IPC and UPC

Comment

Aaron, you should be fortunate to work in a tri-state area. New Hampshire uses the IPC, Maine the UPC and Mass has their own code. Try keeping all three straight sometime.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                      Hmmmmm not as much NSPC info as I had hoped for in that link Aaron91... I will do a bit more looking for ya.

NSPC= Not So Popular Code
                      Look in jobsite links, I posted a link for the entire nspc.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks Gear Junkie

I'm curious to see after looking at all of the IPC-UPC differences...

Comment

Working...
                        X