Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kids and Your Job

Originally posted by yasudaplumbing View Post
    Send Rick over here, I could use the extra help.
    That'll make 2 kids going to the jobs.

$5 per hour should be good enough for kids pay right?
    That's what I pay my nephew to help me when he's on school break.

Tracy
    You may get Rick to do it for free
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I don't even have kids yet and I can hardly make a 40 hour week.

Comment

That yall can do this and taxi the kids around is the most inpressive thing I've read here. I do work I am proud of, have customers who rely on me and respect me, put up some good numbers and am proud of that, but there is just no possible way I could be as responsive as I am if I was juggling kids. I was with a woman with two boys for a few years. Her life, and to a much lesser degree during that time mine, consisted mostly of driving back and forth between the school, the house, and the hockey rink. Everything else, work, food, sleep, everything, just got fit in somewhere as best it could be.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

[quote=Ace Sewer;136237] but there is just no possible way I could be as responsive as I am if I was juggling kids. quote]

Most of my customers either have kids or had them and they know life happens. High priority calls get caught same day, no matter what. Most stuff can wait a day if necessary and most customers don't mind waiting 'cause GOOD plumbers are as scarce as hens teeth. They look long term.
          And heck, I work around their schedules all the time.
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

There is an old saying which goes something like this

"There is no success in business which will make up for failure in the home."

Words to live by.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

When a consumer calls a one person shop they know that's what they get- a person-with a life.
              I think they respect & trust someone that is a family person. And they get caught up in it as well.
              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                When a consumer calls a one person shop they know that's what they get- a person-with a life.
                I think they respect & trust someone that is a family person. And they get caught up in it as well.
                I agree. Rick has customers that remember our birthdays, anniversary, injuries

Sometimes they are landmarks for them to remember when he was last at their house.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Very good thread. I have 2 kids, and though both are young 4 in may, 2 in sept. So things right now are pretty routine as far as the kids go. Occasionally I give my wife a break and take my daughter to preschool in the AM, but mostly the juggling my schedule for the kids is yet to come. I have a good feeling about my "good clients" rolling with the punches because Thurs-Monday I took the family to IA to visit with my chronically sick(pneumonia) grandma. I am so glad we visited when we did, because Mon, as we were leaving I got a call from my aunt who let me know that she was ambulanced to the hospital (3rd different strain of pneumonia) and bronchitis to boot. All my clients were slightly inconvenienced, but all gave me their thumbs up...now it's time for catch up.

Greg

Comment

Working...
                  X