Kids and Your Job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids and Your Job

I just got in from my son's recital (14 yrs) and spent the last month running him to special rehearsals and lessons in preparation for it. Not to mention the sports and other activities he does.
    Is it just me that has to practically plan my work schedule around the kids?

I would have a Rolls like NHMaster if I could work a whole 40 billable hours a week. (I'll bet he gets his butler to take the kids everywhere)

But, come to think of it, I guess I'm rich in non-financial ways and they do grow up FAST! (I've got one in college too.)
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Re: Kids and Your Job

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
    Is it just me that has to practically plan my work schedule around the kids?

NO!!!!! we all do
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

My kids had a carnival at school tonight

Next year each of my three will be in different schools and after school programs.

If it was not for Mrs. OkieBill I would be in real trouble keeping up with everything not to mention the business.

40 billable in one week.... Maybe someday, though the new phonebook came out yesterday that has my first adds in them so my fingers are crossed

Comment

My wife and I always felt the more we exposed our kids to the more they would excel. At first it was not too hard depending on the season. During Baseball we had 5-kids in little league (T-Ball through Majors) and the oldest daughter working the snack bar. Then for Football season we had 3-boys in Pop Warner and 3-girls in Cheer leading. Where it got tough was when we did Soccer as my middle son was picked up on a farm team and my oldest daughter was doing parades with her baton group. Then to make matters worst when my daughters group broke up she continued on as a solo in parades and my youngest son was doing parades with his Color Guard. For some reason the parades were always 50-miles apart.

Bottom line is whatever it took we made it work and I always found time to fill in my after hours catching up on work.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I lost count, Mark. How many kids is that?
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
            I lost count, Mark. How many kids is that?
            LOL-3-boys and 3-girls. So far five are married and they have given my wife and I 13-grand kids.

Mark

Comment

[quote=ToUtahNow;135746]LOL-3-boys and 3-girls. So far five are married and they have given my wife and I 13-grand kids.

Man, you have a quiver full. Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks my wife and I have been blessed with great kids and great kid-in-laws who have given us great grand kids.

Mark

Comment

I have 2 boys and a girl. Both boys are playing baseball right now. My daughter just got thru with cheerleading for wrestling. In baseball im the manager of my oldest sons team, im the Umpire in Chief and an E board member for our league. Im at the field every single night either with my team, watching my youngest sons team, umpiring, or helping making the field look better. My daughter is there too. Oh and i forgot to mention that my wife works nights from 7pm to 7am 3 days a week as a nurse, and weekends.

So its very hard to work all day, come home around 6pm, take the kids right to baseball. Come home from baseball, make dinner, get the kids home work done with them, get them their showers, then get them to bed...specially when the wife is working.
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Children are your biggest asset. If you raise them properly and teach and guide them properly, with any luck they will go off into the world and make enough money to support you in your old age.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just take my son with me on jobs. About the only thing he can't handle is the 7/8" IC cable. He's good on everything else though. Can't wait till he turns 5 next year.

Just kidding but I do plan to have him ride with me when he gets older. I was thinking about 14.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        I just take my son with me on jobs. About the only thing he can't handle is the 7/8" IC cable. He's good on everything else though. Can't wait till he turns 5 next year.

Just kidding but I do plan to have him ride with me when he gets older. I was thinking about 14.
                        I can loan you Rick so you get a taste of having a kid ride along with you
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

My kids are one of the reasons I went back to work as an employee. I have a regular schedule now, I don't miss as many of their events now. Speaking of Little League, last Saturday I spent a couple of hours at the field house, repairing leaks and changing the main shutoff valve. I had a great Little League experience and got to repay a little.

Comment

Mine is playing baseball in college . We spent YEARS going from field to field ,game to game , then later showcase to showcase .

That is why I got my own business. To be able to take off for him . It was THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME IN OUR LIVES !! He loves playing ball . We met tons of GREAT folks . Traveled to lots of different places .
                            Now , he is gone away to school and we miss him SO MUCH ! Everyday my heart aches . I know God has a good plan for my boy , but it is hard to just be in the bleachers and not be needed anymore .

So for all you fellas /gals who are going through it now ,,,, Don't Worry ,, the work will be there !!! The kids won't be .

CP

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                              I can loan you Rick so you get a taste of having a kid ride along with you
                              Send Rick over here, I could use the extra help.
                              That'll make 2 kids going to the jobs.

$5 per hour should be good enough for kids pay right?
                              That's what I pay my nephew to help me when he's on school break.

Tracy

Comment

Working...
                              X