favorite motivational saying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: favorite motivational saying

What you need matey is the man with the loaves and the fishie.

Tony

Comment

One of my favorite things to say after steel pipe breaks off in the fitting, an unsupported piece of pipe snaps off, or a toilet is flushed when I have the line open is, "Huh, that didn't go over real well, did it?" The worst thing is I am usually by myself.

Comment

My motivational saying, would probably be anytime during a project at any phase, I step back and look at my work and say, "Dang that sure looks nice". That pleases me every time I hear myself saying it, and I hope the Home Owner is standing there to hear this, thus they become very happy, yep....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

And remember:
          amateurs built the ark ..
          professionals
          built the Titanic.

Comment

Be it a mistake of your own design or the bosses son coming to work for the summer. I rely on this quote, "this too shall pass"!

Comment

I was crawling thru a steam tunnel for 12 hours today. I had to replace about 25 foot of 4" XH that had cracked and was full of ****. There was only about 16" between two pipes for me to squeeze thru. I couldn't actually crawl, I was pulling myself along with my elbows and toes. I was wearing tyvek but it got soaked thru. We had washed the floor down but there was still chunks o' **** for me to drag my belly thru. I was motivating myself by saying, "you're making $63.00 bucks an hour, you're making $63.00 an hour." It worked.

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
                Be it a mistake of your own design or the bosses son coming to work for the summer. I rely on this quote, "this too shall pass"!
                I've had to pamper daddies little princess on three occasions.I feel for anyone dealing with a spoiled brat.I am currently carrying two of them now

Comment

How's this for a company slogan, "meeting or exceeding limitations."

Comment

Depending on whats going on, I usually think of all those plumbers that came before me, such as those who ran galvanized for drain and water lines, the one's that poured lead joints on cast iron, those who ran copper for dwv, and I feel that I shouldn't even call myself a plumber compared to the work those fine men, and I'm sure select women accomplished.
                    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                      Depending on whats going on, I usually think of all those plumbers that came before me, such as those who ran galvanized for drain and water lines, the one's that poured lead joints on cast iron, those who ran copper for dwv, and I feel that I shouldn't even call myself a plumber compared to the work those fine men, and I'm sure select women accomplished.
                      When I unearth some old plumbing I usually say: "the plumber that put this in has probably been dead 60 years"

I just hope no one finds my plumbing for 60 years after I'm dead

Comment

One of my favorites when something isn't exactly how I would like:

"It is what it is."
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

.....or when an owner is trying to grind you on your new construction price

"sure which fixtures would you like to eliminate"

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark, what would people usually say back to a comment like that?
                            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                              Mark, what would people usually say back to a comment like that?
                              They would generally give me a clueless look and then I would explained to them I was not going to retire from their one job and I offered them a fair bid. I would then go on to explain anyone who was lower than me was likely cheating them on materials or quality of labor. We got most of the jobs we bid because of our reputation. The jobs we didn't get I didn't want because I would have had to compromise my standards.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Good points, thanks for the reply.
                                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
                                X