How can we "Green" up our industry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can we "Green" up our industry?

check this out. is it global warming? probably not i would call it supply and demand http://www.overpopulation.org/
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
      how much polution does a hybrid car save? how much energy does a solar furnace save? its not compareable to the amount of pollution another body produces, you may not be concerned with global warming or pollution but you will soon be the minority on that. but some day the goverment will realize alternative fuel and high efficiency appliances are not enough. if you paid tax on your 4th kid would you have still had him?
      Things you are proposing are UN-AMERICAN.

There are just as many scientists refuting global warming as there are saying it is man made. It's funny Al Gore makes this move and tells us to ride bikes to work and use mass transit and all that other crap, but he travels the world promoting his movie on a private jet, has a 23,000 square foot house that he has to heat and cool but you and I should ride our bikes to work. Oh I forgot he offsets the heating/cooling bill with carbon credits!!!!

This is not China where the government can regulate how many children one has. That is called FREEDOM, the very thing our fore-fathers fought for some 230 years ago. I agree people that cant afford them shouldn't have them, you have to be responsible in the decisions you make, but you cant go taxing someone because the have more then x amount of children.
      Last edited by Masterplumb; 04-16-2008, 09:25 PM.

Comment

It may be easy to say the world is way too crowded if you're in a city of several million people, but if you get a chance, take a drive west from Odessa toward El Paso...
        Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

well I think you guys are barking up the wrong pipe,some ideas are good some are not. I beleive we should conserve like more masstransit... it should be free too. trains in most parts of the world can use magnetic drive, no moving parts .elelctric ars are good too check out the "telsa" sure its expensive but mass production cand bring the price down.

and for the communist in me there should only be two car companys with only a few models and a few colors, you want another color go to a shop and have it done. same thing with many products on the market plave how many models of toaster does there have to be to brown toast......

there are many things that can be done,to improve our lot on this planet.

and as for kids / two per family is more that enough, and you should have to take a course on how to raise kids.

well that my two cents worth
          §m€llŸ™

Comment

Originally posted by smelly View Post
            well I think you guys are barking up the wrong pipe,some ideas are good some are not. I beleive we should conserve like more masstransit... it should be free too. trains in most parts of the world can use magnetic drive, no moving parts .elelctric ars are good too check out the "telsa" sure its expensive but mass production cand bring the price down.

and for the communist in me there should only be two car companys with only a few models and a few colors, you want another color go to a shop and have it done. same thing with many products on the market plave how many models of toaster does there have to be to brown toast......

there are many things that can be done,to improve our lot on this planet.

and as for kids / two per family is more that enough, and you should have to take a course on how to raise kids.

well that my two cents worth
            See we live in a capitalistic society. If you only make 2 types of cars in only a few colors, someone else will come and cater to you. This is the advantage of living under a capitalist society.

If 2 kids are enough for you thats great pal, but what works for you may not work for me or the next guy. Again, just one of the benefits of living in the greatest country in the world.:twofinger:

Comment

Had 2, thought that was enough until 1 passed away at 18 in a car wreck. Now I wish I had 2 or 3 more just for spares

BAPlumber, sorry to hijack your thread. If you believe in the need to 'green-up', then by all means conserve everywhere you can. Being more organized would help me not to have to make as many trips to the big orange! But then, I wouldn't be able to lust after the tools there.
              Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                See we live in a capitalistic society. If you only make 2 types of cars in only a few colors, someone else will come and cater to you. This is the advantage of living under a capitalist society.

If 2 kids are enough for you thats great pal, but what works for you may not work for me or the next guy. Again, just one of the benefits of living in the greatest country in the world.:twofinger:
                you can have all the kids you want but make sure you leave a picture of a salmon to pass down to your great grandkids so they know what one looks like.
                and big dog imagine all that land outside of el paso filled with track homes and apartment buildings. i was born and raised in the country there wasnt a house within a mile 3 years ago i helped plumb the 1500 house sub division where we used to play hide and seek. my graduating class had 97 kids last year there were over 400. i dont know about you i enjoy driving through the country and not seeing a house or a person for miles. i would like to keep it that way too. but if every person clones themselves over and over again where are they going to go?
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

BAPlumber, sorry to hijack your thread. If you believe in the need to 'green-up', then by all means conserve everywhere you can. Being more organized would help me not to have to make as many trips to the big orange! But then, I wouldn't be able to lust after the tools there.
                  I don't really believe in the need to "green up" the industry, the only thing I do is recycle copper. This was a question that was posed to me, and to get more insight I posted the question here.
                  Brent

Comment

yeah sorry for the hijack, i drive bio diesel vans and recycle copper thats about it, i have just started in recycleing rain water, for irrigation
                    Mike

Comment

BA
                      looking forward to recycleing some copper. We pulled copper lines from an old propane tank that went to the house and also went to a bldg way out back of the property. Might get enough $$ for a cold root-beer!

Comment

you can have all the kids you want but make sure you leave a picture of a salmon to pass down to your great grandkids so they know what one looks like.
                        and big dog imagine all that land outside of el paso filled with track homes and apartment buildings. i was born and raised in the country there wasnt a house within a mile 3 years ago i helped plumb the 1500 house sub division where we used to play hide and seek. my graduating class had 97 kids last year there were over 400. i dont know about you i enjoy driving through the country and not seeing a house or a person for miles. i would like to keep it that way too. but if every person clones themselves over and over again where are they going to go?

Aren't you glad your parents didn't say "you know 50 people in our graduating class is way too many, let's do our part and not have any kids."?

Kids are taxed now. I haven't been able to raise mine tax free. It keeps the economy buzzing.
                        But, if you put on an added charge just for having children, the abortion rate will skyrocket imho.

I'm all for keeping things clean. But, I think alot of the environmental scare is fear mongering and power grabs.
                        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

"Propaganda is a powerfull weapon" Heinrich Himmler
                          sigpic

Comment

[quote=haycad;136699] i dont know about you i enjoy driving through the country and not seeing a house or a person for miles. i would like to keep it that way too.

So buy up all the property thats for sale around you, build yourself a nice little "green compound" with windmills and solar panels and you and your salmon can hide out there and live happily ever after.

Comment

Kid tax, great idea. Then only the rich can afford to have them. More inbred droolers, super. Problem is, not enough people die fast enough anymore. Maybe we need a plague, or a better war. No, how about an open season on the terminally stupid, or lawyers, bankers, real estate agents, stock brokers, politicians.? Better yet, how about we do nothing at all (which is what we're best at) and let nature and time take care of it, because in the end, that's what will happen, like it or not.
                              sigpic

Comment

if people want to go green the goverment needs to start taxing on the amount of kids you have. more kids more taxes. if people continue to multiply themselves six times over and there kids and there kids. do the math it doesnt matter how efficient we are. medicine keeps getting better and more people are living longer. we are running out of room. is it going to effect us probably not and probably not our 12 kids. but it will happen soon
                                Yep!!

Comment

Working...
                                X