How can we "Green" up our industry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can we "Green" up our industry?

I have been taught this over population ,to much pollution ,global cooling then global warming crap through out my youth. Don't forget we were going to be out of gas by 2000 if we lasted that long because of the imminent nuclear holocaust. What a load of B.S. People have nothing better to do then scare kids. I guess when your goal is power (Al Gore). You will do anything.
    By the way when you lived in the place where your closest neighbor was 3 miles away. what gave you the right to upset the pristine natural surroundings with your horrible human presence? Oh you want it all, no room to share.
    Oh ya and as far as recycling, about 17 years ago when I drove a truck hauling garbage for waste management I saw loads of recycle trucks dumping there plastic and glass the same place I was dumping mine---- in the dump. Maybe things have changed who knows? 1 more thing you want to conserve turn the A.C off ,not up off . No air conditioning at home in the car or office. Then tell me how to live my life.
    Freaks around here build huge homes on the west Michigan shore and dunes. Then have bumper stickers on there cars about saving the environment. They have there good life now the rest of us can do without. I don't care where you build just don't be hypocritical

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
      I have been taught this over population ,to much pollution ,global cooling then global warming crap through out my youth. Don't forget we were going to be out of gas by 2000 if we lasted that long because of the imminent nuclear holocaust. What a load of B.S. People have nothing better to do then scare kids. I guess when your goal is power (Al Gore). You will do anything.
      By the way when you lived in the place where your closest neighbor was 3 miles away. what gave you the right to upset the pristine natural surroundings with your horrible human presence? Oh you want it all, no room to share.
      Oh ya and as far as recycling, about 17 years ago when I drove a truck hauling garbage for waste management I saw loads of recycle trucks dumping there plastic and glass the same place I was dumping mine---- in the dump. Maybe things have changed who knows? 1 more thing you want to conserve turn the A.C off ,not up off . No air conditioning at home in the car or office. Then tell me how to live my life.
      Freaks around here build huge homes on the west Michigan shore and dunes. Then have bumper stickers on there cars about saving the environment. They have there good life now the rest of us can do without. I don't care where you build just don't be hypocritical

No things have not changed. In the town I live in we all were mandated that we had to re-cycle. Glass, plastic, paper, cardboard, metal ect. We were mandated because the fed will give the town a subsidy it we recycle. So anyway I live about a 1/2 mile from the Dump (sorry, recycling center for all you politicall correct types) I can't see the dump in the summer, but when the leaves come off the trees in winter I have a pretty good view of what goes on there. On tuesday mornings, around 11:00 am, a couple of big trucks from da da da Management come through the gates. Someone fires up the front end loader, and all the glass, plastic, paper, all but the metal, GO INTO THE SAME TRUCKS. From there they truck it off the the landfill. Wanna know why.? It's because it still costs more money to use recylced materials than to manufacture the stuff from scratch. Why? Because it costs more fuel and man hours to sort, clean, truck and re-manufacture the stuff. It's like the f'ing Prius. It costs more and uses more "carbon" to manufacture, than the damn thing will ever pay back to the environment. The best of the best in wind mills can only produce enough energy to power about 12 houses. Yep, a million dollar piece of equipment to power 12 houses. Not to mention the "carbon" used in the many manufacturing processes to make the wind mill in the first place. Oh and the reqular maintainence costs. All for 12 houses. Gee wiz people are really stupid. Next time you buy into something, do some recearch first.

Thank you flushable for the use of your quote.
      sigpic

Comment

[quote=NHMaster3015;137177]Gee wiz people are really stupid. Next time you buy into something, do some recearch first.quote]

I like your style. I think you should have the butler drive your Rolls around the block once a day just to p o Al Gore.
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
          do you really think people can continue to have a bunch of children and this world can handle it? its not as big as you think. and unless you want to eat processed food for the rest of your life we kinda depend on salmon and other species to survive. so live in denial and continue to drive your trucks that get 4 miles to the gallon but bi@ch about gas prices. and dont bother recycleing its just propaganda its al gores way of trying to take your hard earned money.
          The last statistic I saw I think it was that the US was less than 5 or 10% developed. I am a plumber who needs a vehical with crappy gas milage and have a right to gripe about gas prices. Drill cali, Florida. and Alaska for oil and we'll send trees in trade. Drill here and cut-off the midle east.

Comment

Working...
          X