X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state select hi efficiency

I just got an email from a client that I am supposed to change out a 40g electric hot water heater, and they want to know how much extra to go with the 40 g electric/high efficiency. I don't install many electric's here, and I cannot find any pricing for State on line. Anyone know what kind of premium I am looking at?

Greg

Re: state select hi efficiency

Aren't all electric high efficiency?
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

State has a " high efficiency" model that has 2 1/2 in insulation I want to say that it's not that big of difference, but don't know...also don't want to tell them that it's a $50 difference and then have to tell them that it's $200 later on.

Comment

Out here, on a gas heater there is only an $8-10 difference between an R-8 and an R-22.

Do you have to quote them a price tonight? Can't you call the supply house in the morning?
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          Out here, on a gas heater there is only an $8-10 difference between an R-8 and an R-22.

Do you have to quote them a price tonight? Can't you call the supply house in the morning?
          When you say "out here" do you mean where you are in California as opposed to where he is in California?

Mark

BTW: Joey is right call your supplier in the morning. Even if list is a few bucks different if they don't stock it you will get charged a different column (pay more).
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I just told (emailed) them that the info was not readily available, and will call my supplier in the AM. It looks to me like the only difference is the insulation...probably the same as the gas models, but will call to make sure

Greg

Comment

I like the rheem marathon series, much better than the state. Distribution is limited and noland's is the only place around here that sells them. I can't remeber what I paid for it since last year was the last time I installed one.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                When you say "out here" do you mean where you are in California as opposed to where he is in California?

Mark
                Exactly! You know where here is. . .it says so on all my posts
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Working...
                X