WTF-pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WTF-pics

I wish I would have taken a picture, but I left the part with the homeowner. She woke up this morning with wet carpet in the kitchen. Yesterday her grandson and his wife did her a favor by replacing her kitchen sink faucet in her modular home. Good thing they had a guy at Home Depot giving them some advice. In order to adapt to the 1/2" quest pipe that he cut off, he cut the 3/8" compression ends off of the premanufactured supplies, stuck the cut ends of the vinyl supply tubes into the quest and simply clamped them together with two hose clamps.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
      I wish I would have taken a picture, but I left the part with the homeowner. She woke up this morning with wet carpet in the kitchen. Yesterday her grandson and his wife did her a favor by replacing her kitchen sink faucet in her modular home. Good thing they had a guy at Home Depot giving them some advice. In order to adapt to the 1/2" quest pipe that he cut off, he cut the 3/8" compression ends off of the premanufactured supplies, stuck the cut ends of the vinyl supply tubes into the quest and simply clamped them together with two hose clamps.
      Every time I go into Lowe's I overhear some completely clueless person asking advice about how to fix something that is WAY over their heads. What you described goes through my head when I overhear some of the stupidity of some of the DIYers. (both questions and answers at the big-box stores!)

I almost want to hand them my business card and say, "Do yourself a favor and hire a pro, so you don't flood your house." But I resist because usually the types who try to do things themselves that they don't understand are super-cheap anyway.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        Only the gas company is allowed to do that kind of work in our area.
        In Illinois plumbers do gas...but not in copper!

Comment

maybe they just aren't very fond of individuals who charge small fortunes for what in many cases are relatively simple projects and leave an absolutely incredible mess behind them when these alledged pros proclaim the job "Done"! i have found that many pros view a customers home as only a job and fail to realize it is where the customer lives. and the absolute disdain for their surroundings many pros demonstrate during the course of a job is one reason i believe many people attempt repairs themselves.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            maybe they just aren't very fond of individuals who charge small fortunes for what in many cases are relatively simple projects and leave an absolutely incredible mess behind them when these alledged pros proclaim the job "Done"! i have found that many pros view a customers home as only a job and fail to realize it is where the customer lives. and the absolute disdain for their surroundings many pros demonstrate during the course of a job is one reason i believe many people attempt repairs themselves.
            it sounds like you've hired the wrong "pro's", and it may seem like a small fortune to you but when its shared with fuel,insurance,advertisement,materials,and taxes there isnt a lot of the pie left, my only advice to you is get atleast 3 estimates and then make your choice
            Mike
            Clark County Plumbing And Drain
            www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

FINER. Are you a plumber?

J.C.

Comment

jc...why do you ask?

Comment

Because the response you gave to Service Guys post doesn't seem "plumberish". So are you a plumber???

Comment

jc..is this forum restricted to licensed plumbers?

Comment

jc..is this forum restricted to licensed plumbers?
                      A licensed plumber would know the answer to that. What's your license number?

J.C.

Comment

so this is a restricted forum?

Comment

so this is a restricted forum?
                          Tell me your plumbing license number and I'll tell you if it's a restricted forum.

Or any license number for that matter. Electrical, HVAC, Boiler, General Contractor, Engineer, Veterinarian,

Comment

first tell me who died and left you the forum moderator.

Comment

I am licensed and insured, educated and qualified. I legally guarantee my work in writing, and if it fails I'll redo it for free and if there is any property damage my insurance will cover it. I never leave a mess, I wear shoe covers and use drop clothes, I do top quality work and I am available 24 hours/day and most people love it.

I AM A PROFESSIONAL PLUMBER.

And yes, this forum is restricted, did you read the subforum title?
                              I'll remind you:
                              Plumbers Forum: If you are not a pro or on your way to becoming a professional tradesman please use the "Ask the Plumbing Experts" Section
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Finer. Who died and left you to judge licensed peoples' business?

Keep up the home improvement.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X