WTF-pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WTF-pics

Sorry, got side tracked by the usual stuff that pisses me off. Though hack work was the original thread was'nt it?
    sigpic

Comment

i aints no plumbers, buts i sure dos like lookings at the pretty pictures,..... cans we please get backs to the pretty pictures
      yalls.

(said in my most southern hillbilly voice)
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

NHMaster, come on, your being a little harsh. Not every person out there is a idiot when it comes to construction trades. Most, maybe, but give some of us guys a little credit. I have done many things myself on my own home and friends and parents. I do know my limits, and I will not cross them. But you have to be honest, if you do have some brains in your skull, plumbing, heating, framing, and electrical are NOT brain surgery. I am not saying all home owners should do thier own stuff, as you, I and every other tradesmen would be out of business. But, for those of us that do understand how this stuff works, and how to do it properly, give us a little credit. Plus, like I said, when I get over my head, I call the professionals that I do know that can help me out.

What makes me even more angery though is that I have fixed stuff PROFESSIONALS did, that was not correct.

Some of you guys are a little harsh on here, to be honest, if you had that mentality in front of me, and in front of a customer, I would never hire you again. Yes, you know your trade, and that is why I would hire you, but if you act high and mighty about it, that is where I draw the line. I work for a contractor doing tile for him time to time, his plumber is flat out an a-hole. He thinks he knows everything, and cant be told otherwise. He is short with customers, to the point I believe to be rude, and when a customer questions him, he acts like he knows better and that they dont know what they are talking about. He proceeded to install a mixing valve for a shower I was working on, and I called him out on it before I even put the backer board on that the valve was 1-1/2 to deep in the wall. He brushed me off like I was an idiot so I told the Contractor, and he talked to him, he blew him off like he was an idiot as well. THEN the customer noticed this (a very nice, but not so keen on mechanical stuff lady) and said she thought they were to deep (this was after I was told to put the backer up) and she called the plumber, he was rude to her and tolder her they were fine. Fast forward to trim out, and guess what, the plumber had to order extensions for the two mixing valves, at ~200 bones each if I recall correctly. And IIRC, the jack *** charged her for them.

Guys, I am not putting you in this category by any means, and hope this example would keep you away from becoming this way. Remember, you may know more about plumbing than us commoners, but dont be to high and mighty to be humbled.

Now, you contrast that with an electrician in a house I was doing low voltage for. He was packing up his stuff, and I noticed they had missed wiring two lights in a hall way. Boxes there, no wire. I ran out to him as he was getting into his truck and told him. Instead of telling me to f-off and that I didnt know what I was talking about, he was greatful.

Were all in this together, customers, contractors, plumbers, electricians, HVAC, the list goes on, you crap in the pool, and it doesnt take long to figure out who it was...

Comment

I dont know what scares me more, the duck tape, or the fact that it appears that the high-voltage line is duct taped to the GAS LINE!

Comment

Whoa! That heater has got be over 30 years old. Isn't that a saturn burner?
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X