X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best trap primer

What's the best type? The ones used in sink tail piece or those trap primer valves? Advantages/disadvantages to each one?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Best trap primer

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    What's the best type? The ones used in sink tail piece or those trap primer valves? Advantages/disadvantages to each one?
    I'm not sure what you are asking as far as the types. Are you asking about a trap primer versus a trap guard?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      I like the tail piece primers better because they are more accessible. Trap primers in the wall are ok but they can foul and go bad. Then they are a pain to deal with usually. And if you are installing one make sure you install a ball valve above it.

Toutahnow, just curious, don't know how you got trap guard from trap primer???
      ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

The Trap Guard (ProSet) is an alternate to normal trap primers in that it seals the floor drain at the floor with an Elastomeric seal. It is like a little valve which opens up when water flows through then closes when the flow stops. They are legal under the IPC but not under the UPC.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
        X