X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumber Expanding

Im new to this site but have visited many times before. I am sure that this has been gone over before, but I was hoping to get an answer anyway. I am a plumber holding a few licenses and would like to get into drain cleaning I was wondering if I could get a few pointers on machines. I have done it before as an a apprentice but the company I worked for used relics. Any insight would be great>

Re: Plumber Expanding

Welcome to the forum. Theres a good chance you will be recomended a k60 within the first couple of posts.

Josh

Comment

already an answer thanks alot josh Ill check into that model

Comment

Not trying to scare you off but go back and read through the draincleaning section. Lots of great info there. After looking through it, come back with any specific questions and we'll be there for you. Welcome to the forum.

P.S. K60 rules!!!!
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

First welcome to the site. Secondly, I prefer the sectional machines more than the drum but I have owned them all. With a K-50-8 and a K-60 you could clean the majority of the residential drains out there and most of the commercial. That being said depending on how much room you have you should want to include a few drum machines as well.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            First welcome to the site. Secondly, I prefer the sectional machines more than the drum but I have owned them all. With a K-50-8 and a K-60 you could clean the majority of the residential drains out there and most of the commercial. That being said depending on how much room you have you should want to include a few drum machines as well.

Mark
            Mark, you swing both ways?
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              Mark, you swing both ways?
              Thats just how I roll.

Mark

Comment

mark is trying to be politically correct

mark, do you even own a drum machine, other than a k-50 drum adapter anymore

come to the roundup and watch as ben/ gear junkie, aaron and myself

school the drummers.

it will be a lot of fun and you will get to play with all the toys

and if you enter a video, you might walk off with $2500. worth of toys

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  mark is trying to be politically correct

mark, do you even own a drum machine, other than a k-50 drum adapter anymore

come to the roundup and watch as ben/ gear junkie, aaron and myself

school the drummers.

it will be a lot of fun and you will get to play with all the toys

and if you enter a video, you might walk off with $2500. worth of toys

rick.
                  No like I say I prefer the sectional machines so when I sold my shop I let the all of the drum machines go with it. However, when I had my shop all of the trucks had a selection of both and still the sectionals were used 80% of the time.

Mark

Comment

I'm a big K60 fan, though a small hand or drill, drum snake is handy for lav's and kitchen sinks. I like the sectional cause it's easier to keep things clean. The guys get busy and forget (neglect) to clean the drum out and it gets nasty and stinky.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good discussion on sectional vs. drum.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17311

Comment

Thanks for all the info, has anyone used the k400aw? I am hoping to do small residential to main lines residential was wondering if it could handle the load or should I just pony up the money for the k60?

Comment

get the k60 and save yourself $400 by not buying the k400
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                          X